netduma start screaming O_o

If it's doing when the wifi is underload don't worry about it. Mine does the same go on speedtest.net and take a test and it will make the noise guaranteed no need for panic tho its just a D.C coil vibrating with the extra current flowing through it.

• Netduma Staff

This happens to me as well, but I dint think it is just WiFi. I am connected via LAN, and if i run a speed test, download a large file or transfer files between two computers, i hear the high pitch whining too. In another thread, someone said it was a vibrating DC coil. I'm no expert though :)

• Netduma Staff

Cossy how are you. At the network monitoring I have to set the Download to 100% right? And I believe u didn't touch the upload. I think that's what u did. I can't remember. May be am just tripping. Lol

Hia :) I don't want to take this thread off topic, so I've sent you a private message with a list of all the changes I made and what I set the values to so that if you change them for some reason or you reset the router, you can set them to how they were if the values I set were better :) Remember, I just set them to a base mark and you will need to change them slightly to tune them up to exactly what is best :)

Mine does this too.

I like to think of it as the screams of the other players as I smoke them :P

It's certainly a strange noise, like noisy circuits or something.  I remember an old cheap LCD TV I had used to do the same thing

Guest Netduma Fraser

Just as a thought, is the R1 covered by anything? Such as your modem/isp router on top of it? Or anything underneath it? PS4 for example. Just wondering if maybe the way it has been organised with other equipment could cause the sound to amplify a little. 

It is very high pitched. For me it only happens when uploading/downloading large files or transferring files across LAN to different computers. 

I can hear very high frequencies, but don't have this issue.  doesn't make any noise except when I reboot the router

Archived