So, first off, I just wanted to point out, I still love my R1 and what you guys are doing at NetDuma, however, with this most recent update, I had some huge issues.
So much so, that I actually went back to the previous update.

To start with, I started to get really inconsistent numbers when running Speed test on my console. Which, I pay for 30 download & 5 Upload.
What were once Mid 30s for downloads, became high teens at best, sometime peaking into the 20 to 21 region, but only a handful of times out of probably 30+ test.

Now, my upload was always in the 6s, but after the update, it was 2 to 3 max.
After some tinkering in the settings, I managed to get my upload back to normal, but my download remained the same.

Now, prior to this update, I had no issues with my connection what so ever, I always had at or above what I payed for when running speed test on my system.

My next issue arose, when I went and did a diagnostics test on the R1 and I was getting the words "bad" or worse than that for my Jitter, Ping, and spikes, but my packet loss was always "exceptional."

Again, prior to this update, everything was fine.

So my main concern is, I don't think I will be able to us the new update, until it is looked more into, or other people start reporting the same thing.

I honestly can't even run my Geo Filter, without it bogging down my speeds. Is that normal?
And any time I adjust any settings at all, my speeds drop to almost half or less than what I am paying for, on either update 1.03.5 or .6

So is any of this a normal occurrence?

If so, I would really like to get it fixed so I can run my Geo Filter atleast and be able to play with the speeds that I am paying my ISP for.

I look forward to the replies. And would really like to get this resolved as soon as possible.
Mike

• Administrators

Hey Mike, I wouldn't suggest downgrading at all. 

I can't really advise for .5 now so please upgrade to the newest version, once that is done factory reset from settings > miscellaneous. 

Go to bandwidth settings and input your speeds and then allow the duma to auto set up the settings according to your speeds and see if that helps. 

I saw odd problems with internet access and IP addresses not being given after updating to .6 after a while of operation. I found out that doing a Factory reset and setting up from scratch cleared that issue. I recommend doing a factory reset and set up from scratch and saving a new config or profile. There maybe configuration issues from .5 and using preserve during the update, it works however maybe causing problems using this method.

That's the thing, I did all that.
I reset, went through multiple setups, all kinds of stuff, Nothing was working for me.
I was getting about half the speeds I was paying for when doing speed test, and when I went back to .5, everything is fine now.
I have no clue why it was doing what it was.
But It takes a minute to get a reply, so rather than wait with bad connection and ping, I just downgraded.
I may try to upgrade again right now, but if it continues, I will be going back to .5 and leaving it there until the next update.
I know it's not advised, but if that's what keeps me at the speeds I am paying for, than that's what I will have to do.

So, I am now running on the 1.03.6. update, but there is a catch.I have none of the settings turned on at all.

I have a Motorola Surfboard SBG6141, the best rated one on Amazon, and one of the best ones you can buy, and yes it has energy saving.
My speeds don't die over time, when I adjust my settings on my router at all, other than to enable cookies, and set the names of my devices, my speeds drop, and I go to a strict NAT.

When I factory reset the router, and don't touch any settings, I get over 30 and 5, around 33-36 and 6 consistently.
Every time I add my Xbox to the Geo Filter, enable Hyper Traffic, Adjust my congestion control, any thing along those lines of suggested settings, my connection drops, and my NAT goes strict.
Then, the only way to fix it, is manually reboot it by unplugging and power cycling my R1 and my modem.

I have put many hours over many days now, trying to get this to work, but I am at my wits end with what to do.

So, I am now running on the 1.03.6. update, but there is a catch.I have none of the settings turned on at all.

I have a Motorola Surfboard SBG6141, the best rated one on Amazon, and one of the best ones you can buy, and yes it has energy saving.

My speeds don't die over time, when I adjust my settings on my router at all, other than to enable cookies, and set the names of my devices, my speeds drop, and I go to a strict NAT.

When I factory reset the router, and don't touch any settings, I get over 30 and 5, around 33-36 and 6 consistently.

Every time I add my Xbox to the Geo Filter, enable Hyper Traffic, Adjust my congestion control, any thing along those lines of suggested settings, my connection drops, and my NAT goes strict.

Then, the only way to fix it, is manually reboot it by unplugging and power cycling my R1 and my modem.

I have put many hours over many days now, trying to get this to work, but I am at my wits end with what to do.

Are you the only one with a xbox console gaming while online? If so I keep my congestion controls at 100% for Down and 99% for UP. I'll look to see what I have Hyper Traffic set for however I have my one XB1 in geo filter and set for my region, i use about 3K miles so I can include most of the USA for me. I get OPEN NAT each and every time. I set up a reserved IP address for the XB1. I use Reactive for my ISP. I believe you need to use Pre-emptive. I use a SB 6121 on a cable ISP of 100/3. XB1 is wired to the R1 using CAT6 cabling. I did do a factory reset after loading .6 FW as it started behaving oddly and eventually stopped working. After the reset and setting up from scratch all has been good. Cookies and uPnp is enables is all. I disabled all WiFi, and IPv6. I don't use Super Turbo or Turbo modes has it causes my VoIP device not to work. After making changes to the R1, id reboot fully the R1 and then power down the XB1 then back on. You may also what to perform the reset on the XB1 using both triggers and bumpers to clear out any networking problems there as well.

Archived