Geo filter not working after upgrade to 1.03.5m

Did you re-add the device to the GeoFilter and hard refresh the page? Did you follow all the instructions on the upgrade thread?

I did, actually I rebooted the router and its working now. Although I have strict mode on and it connected to someone with a 100ms ping when I have 38ms as a limit. Also have 1500 miles as a limit but this player showed up right at that border of the circle. Any suggestions to optimize for better results?

• Netduma Staff

I did, actually I rebooted the router and its working now. Although I have strict mode on and it connected to someone with a 100ms ping when I have 38ms as a limit. Also have 1500 miles as a limit but this player showed up right at that border of the circle. Any suggestions to optimize for better results?

Could you post a screen shot of the top of your GeoFilter page? :)

The 38ms limit is for outside of the geo to help you connect outside if the parameter is met.

The host inside the geo could have any ping.

I have started to use a tiny geo and I use the ping assist to find the games so I stick to my ping assist rule :)

Could you post a screen shot of the top of your GeoFilter page? :)

The 38ms limit is for outside of the geo to help you connect outside if the parameter is met.

The host inside the geo could have any ping.

I have started to use a tiny geo and I use the ping assist to find the games so I stick to my ping assist rule :)

So here is something else I dont understand I can try to screen shot it. On the geo filter I set it to 38ms and maybe 1000 miles I belive, strict mode. I ended up connecting to someone outside the geo filter area, they had like a dotted circle around them instead of a solid circle but their ping was pretty good. As long as it meets the ping limit I set it can go outside the area I set?

• Administrators

So here is something else I dont understand I can try to screen shot it. On the geo filter I set it to 38ms and maybe 1000 miles I belive, strict mode. I ended up connecting to someone outside the geo filter area, they had like a dotted circle around them instead of a solid circle but their ping was pretty good. As long as it meets the ping limit I set it can go outside the area I set?

Ping assist allows hosts outside your radius that are under your ping assist limit. It basically allows you not miss out on any good hosts that are outside your radius

Archived