Netduma benefits

sharpz44

I have not used my Duma for some time ,mainly due to fact I play bf4 which is dedicated servers,however the new firmware looks good so I was wondering what benefits may be achieved using the the Duma in combination with a netgear x4s D7800 which is combined router modem (UK),

Thanks as I'm intrigued

I also play bf4 multiple users on pc through the router . I still use the netduma all the time even though most games are on dedicated servers (pc).

I also have a netgear x4 7500 as a access point.

The netduma is far better at pushing bf4 traffic than the netgear x7500 (imo :) ) I see you have a combined version so you cant do that.

In the next firmware coming soon ! you will be able to have bf4 or any other game as the most important traffic going through the router ie hyper traffic . This puts all other traffic in a slower lane. Should improve hitreg in most games !

In your case I'd recommend turning off the router mode of the netgear (if you can) or put it into modem mode. If you can't do either of these then just turn off the wifi for the netgear and only plug the netduma into the netgear. To get the full benefits from using the netduma it needs to be the only connection point for devices on your connection. For example in my setup I have a simple cable modem then my netduma and connected to the netduma I have switches and a netgear nighthawk x8 in access point mode (it only handles wifi).

Thanks,my internet is good at 74down and 18 up with a ping to ea bf4 servers which are based in Holland @24ms, The D7800 has good qos and let's me control other devices bandwidth ranges,don't think the new firmware will add anything for my set up as the netgear will still control,don't really want to put a £270 router into modem only mode,I was trying to figure out if it would have a positive effect connected netgear>Duma > ps4 but do not think it will.I will update the firmware though.

Sorry forgot to add that I really like the Netduma software and I am tech savvy, I would love to see this software in a dual band format and also a decent looking device instead of a little white box that combines with modern day decor.

If you have other users on your network the new hyperlane feature will prioritize what ever device you put into it.

So your gaming packets have no queue this is working excellent for me in testing :)

Archived