Please help

ice hunt3r

I will try to keep this short. i have looked for an hr + in the fourms and wiki about what is happening and found a few things but nothing has helped. So i noticed a few days ago lots of lag on my xbox (destiny) and checked my speed and it was down to 2.5 D and .5 up where it should be is 8,5 D and 1.5 up (best i can get out here on satellite) When i bypass netduma it is back to what it should be BTW. so i did the firm ware up date to R1 debug version 1.03.5m running on rb-951g-2hnd    and then the speeds where good on my computer so i tried to play destiny kept getting marioberry (i believe) error code. so i checked connection on xboxone and nat type was moderate. so i tried fixing that with the upnp thing and now its open but speeds are back to 2.5 and .5 hopefully i missed something easy and i can go back to gaming tonight. 

1)Make sure you do not have turbo or superturbo options ticked in the misc settings. 2)If you have the Preemptive algorithm selected in congestion controls, this will use up a lot of your bandwith, although it is better for countering lag, jitter, etc.  Try going to Congestion Control, resetting the distribution to default, and using "Reactive" with the sliders at 100 percent.  Do a speedtest now.  Do you get your full speeds now?  If so, it is your choice.  When not gaming you can shift your settings.  But for gaming, test both Preemptive and Reactive and see which one feels better.  

thanks for the reply. it seems to work im back to 8.5 d and 1.5 up. latency 10ms jitter 4ms are those good for satellite? the latency and jitter my speeds are as good as i can get. Will this new setting affect my online play? i dont understand why the router worked great for months the all of a sudden i cant use the distribution and preemptive anymore? because for sure when its on and my speeds are 2.5 and .5 i lag (red bar) a lot

• Administrators

thanks for the reply. it seems to work im back to 8.5 d and 1.5 up. latency 10ms jitter 4ms are those good for satellite? the latency and jitter my speeds are as good as i can get. Will this new setting affect my online play? i dont understand why the router worked great for months the all of a sudden i cant use the distribution and preemptive anymore? because for sure when its on and my speeds are 2.5 and .5 i lag (red bar) a lot

Those are very good for satellite for what I understand. If you're still getting Destiny errors ensure strict mode is off and auto&bleeding edge cloud are ticked and applied.

Archived