PS4 BO3 lobbies dry up when using geo filter.

As title.

Normally I dont use geo filter as generally dont have an issue with lag because of servers.

Sometimes though i will get a few consecutive laggy games then , assuming my isp connection looks ok, i will pop on the geo filter and restrict to local servers .

However, any time i do this i find that i can find and join a lobby very quickly but as the games progress and people leave the lobby the lobby cannot be repopulated. Eventually leaving me and whatever poor suckers a left in the lobby that im in. Untill they quit and its just me.

Basically it appears to me that netduma geo filter is somehow stopping the lobby being repopulated as others leave.

Anyone else find this?

Hi.  yes I can back out and join another lobby straight away no issue but the same will happen again.

as players leave the lobby it will display "searching" for players but it will never find.

I have also been on the receiving end of this a couple of times i.e. eventually left in a lobby with one other player and the lobby cannot be repopulated.

in these instances I suspect the other player is also Netduma user.

when it happens again I will message them to try to confirm

the only thing I can think of is that there is a player scanning/retrieval/population management host separate to the game host and it is outside the geo filter.

but I don't have any issues joining lobbies myself. so......

(ps I am using bleeding edge cloud)

I see this all the time, but I believe it to be a BO3 problem not a Netduma problem since every other game doesn't exhibit this issue. 

I've never seen a Lock Icon during the issue so I'm not sure if there is a MatchMaking server that is not listed in the Netduma Cloud. 

I think its a BO3 issue.  Some nights I can be in the same lobby for hours and then the next night I have to keep switching cause it will never fill up.  As fun as this game is they still have a ton of issues with MM and party MM that get very irritating.  Almost been 3 months and nothing has changed.

Archived