Slower internet

Need to be using Reactive instead of Preemtive. Be sure to set the speed correctly in the ISP speed settings for UP and Down. 

What is your congestion controls set for? Test with 100% for both initially using a wired PC and use dslreports.net to see BufferBloat and Quality grades. 

I use speedtest.net to check speeds since you can select a server for best results. I find that dslreports only uses closets servers which maybe busy thus giving faults results. 

What ISP MFr and model do you have? 

Need to be using Reactive instead of Preemtive. Be sure to set the speed correctly in the ISP speed settings for UP and Down. 

What is your congestion controls set for? Test with 100% for both initially using a wired PC and use dslreports.net to see BufferBloat and Quality grades. 

I use speedtest.net to check speeds since you can select a server for best results. I find that dslreports only uses closets servers which maybe busy thus giving faults results. 

What ISP MFr and model do you have? 

Need to be using Reactive instead of Preemtive.

Where is that setting at?

In the congestion control tab.  First, set your correct bandwith by clicking the "Set bandwith"  button and filling in the fields.  The router does not autodetect.  Next, go back to congestion control and set it to Reactive, then move the sliders to 100 each.

Now do a speedtest.  What do you get?

In the congestion control tab.  First, set your correct bandwith by clicking the "Set bandwith"  button and filling in the fields.  The router does not autodetect.  Next, go back to congestion control and set it to Reactive, then move the sliders to 100 each.

Now do a speedtest.  What do you get?

Did that and am now getting 104 down and 22 up which is about 10 DL faster than my old router. Hmmm

Did you apply the new settings and then maybe reboot the R1? 

Where do you have the congestion now? 

You might do a factory reset and start again, set the ISP speeds first, set the congestion sliders to 100% and use Reactive, apply settings and test with a wired PC. 

Be sure to test with CAT6 lan cables.

Disable PC security software as well. 

Did you apply the new settings and then maybe reboot the R1? 

Where do you have the congestion now? 

You might do a factory reset and start again, set the ISP speeds first, set the congestion sliders to 100% and use Reactive, apply settings and test with a wired PC. 

Be sure to test with CAT6 lan cables.

Disable PC security software as well. 

A little over a 100 down is all I can get. UL seems fine at 22 just can not figure out why I can not get more than the 100 down.

Ya seems like something isn't right here. I'd make contact with the NetDuma people and have them check your settings. 

Review this to be sure:

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=why_is_my_speed_lower

A little over a 100 down is all I can get. UL seems fine at 22 just can not figure out why I can not get more than the 100 down.

Ya seems like something isn't right here. I'd make contact with the NetDuma people and have them check your settings. 

Review this to be sure:

Thanks for the link. Tried everything and 102 is about the best I can get for DL, UP seems fine at 20 for what I pay. Might give mi ISP a call too.

You can test with out the R1 being online and directly connect to the ISP modem as well. If this results in same speeds then it may be an ISP issue. If the speeds are faster and to spec with out the R1, then possible R1 configuration issue maybe.  :wacko:

You can test with out the R1 being online and directly connect to the ISP modem as well. If this results in same speeds then it may be an ISP issue. If the speeds are faster and to spec with out the R1, then possible R1 configuration issue maybe.  :wacko:

Will try. I am getting in the 130 DL now. I unchecked disable deep packet processing to get that extra.

Review this to be sure:

Keep us updated. 

Are you on the latest version of the firmware 1.03.5? This will be important to achieve max speeds once your ISP issues are sorted

Mine shows R1 debug version 1.03.3 running on rb-951g-2hnd .

Archived