BO 3 Gold Camo Help needed...

DARK BAWGS

I have gotten all the challenges complete for the Razorback and Man-O-War except 5 kills without dying.  It is driving me crazy I keep getting four then die.  Any suggestions on the best setup and way to do this, 

I have tried TDM/KC in Core and Hardcore, HC seems best.  Tried Dom a few times but without much success.

• Man-O-War setup: Vari Scope, Grip and long-barrel or Stock
  • Razorback setuup: tried several scopes including the Vari with long-barrel; usually with grip and stock (fast hands whenever I have these on a gun. 
  • Perks: all most always run Ghost, Fast Hands or Hardwire (sometimes both) and Awareness with Dead Silence.

Interesting I got the KN44 through without a hitch but just wore myself out the last two days with no progress on the Razorback and finally late last night got 3 on the MOW - dumb luck!  My games have all been solo.

I welcome any suggestions...

i did mine in hardcore ffa just patrolling one area 

I watched you vid on KDR and was going to mention Xclusive Ace's series on "Spawn Guides" but didn't want to do it on your channel, but it is really helpful especially for Noobs.

I watched you vid on KDR and was going to mention Xclusive Ace's series on "Spawn Guides" but didn't want to do it on your channel, but it is really helpful especially for Noobs.

That was nice mate What are you using on the Razorback?

That was nice mate What are you using on the Razorback?

This is what I stated above:

Razorback setuup: tried several scopes including the Vari with long-barrel; usually with grip and stock (fast hands whenever I have these on a gun.

This is what I stated above:

Razorback setuup: tried several scopes including the Vari with long-barrel; usually with grip and stock (fast hands whenever I have these on a gun.

I realised as i read it again 

My Razorback class

Optic: Elo

Attachments: Grip, Stock, Rapidfire

Perks: Fast hands, Awareness, Deadsilence

I noticed you use long barrel on the Razorback but you won't need to it actually has a better range than some of the ar's

a little video on it here

https://youtu.be/qQDkritkqv0 

BAWGS, I know you watch some YT series and there is a guy you may want to check out from time to time.  Crimsix is a local grown slayer in the PNW and has risen to become Captain of the Optic Gaming A-team.  His OCD game grinding has helped me learn many valuable things about call of duty in every evolution since BO2.

https://youtu.be/OcJ0XFGRMVU

That said, what works for me, may not work for you.  

The Man O War is an interesting gun in that it literally seems hot and cold for me.  One game it melts the other team and the next it's loaded with marshmellows.  I really don't like this gun much as it just seems under-powered for as long as it takes to fire with that big "chunk, chunk, chunk" fire rate.  I prefer quickdraw and grip, with either High Caliber for that view kick headshot bonus Thunder always talks about, or I go with FMJ for increased penetration and try to aim a little low when encountering known head glitch spots.  A good map for the MoW is Fringe.  You can setup on the tractor-trailer and have a long sight line down train tunnel and you can still cover the barn to the left.  Both offer long sight lines and give you the opportunity for several shots before you get in real trouble of a wall runner shooting back.  Stronghold is another good map with long sight lines that would be good for this rifle.  Hunted "can" be a good, long distance AR map, but you really need a guy or two who can press the other team and keep them off the bridge and the overpass up above.  

The Razorback:  This gun got a lot of love early on, but I don't really like it.  I was running it last week and it seemed to just need the entire magazine to put guys down.  I routinely missed out on double and triple kills because it just wouldn't drop that first guy.  I was running long barrel on it as well, but after watching Crim's video and reading what was written above, it may not need it.  Grip and Quickdraw are almost a must.  Stock is nice if you ADS and move a lot, but I try not to do that as it truly infuriates the fuck out of me when I get killed by a guy duck walking the map with the L2 taped down.  :angry: I really like Aqaurium and Breach for sub machines in this game and I usually do really well on those maps with a sub as long as I don't try to get froggy and equip that stupid Pharo.  Hate that gun.

Some basic tips would be never go down the center in a re-spawn game type.  I consider the center of the map kind of like a valley of death.  You can wander in there and you may get a kill or two, but you can bet someone else is going to come in there and rip you off that streak you are on in a NY minute.  Stay out of the center.

If you are going to rush in BO3, then keep rushing. Get to the other spawn, then turn and do it again.  If you are going to play static and control lanes, stay static and don't let them flip your spawn.  Don't mix them.  The map control is difficult when playing solo and it only gets more frenetic if you rush towards a non spawn anchor and assume a turret stance, killing everything you see.  You are about to get spawned upon and end up with that two piece you just collected in your back pocket.

Don't reload in the open.  Duck in somewhere, or go prone behind a head glitch.  Not every time, but when you are chasing a streak or a (5) kill streak like this for camo, don't risk getting caught reloading when you feel "you are getting close".  If you don't have a back up because you carry a launcher, then make sure you think about when and where to reload.  If you have 13 bullets in the mag, can you get that next kill you are chasing?  Or do you need to take your foot off the gas a bit, do a safe and controlled reload, and then survey for an easier mark?   

Hope that helps and I wish you the best of luck brother!  #DumaArmy!!!!

BAWGS, I know you watch some YT series and there is a guy you may want to check out from time to time.  Crimsix is a local grown slayer in the PNW and has risen to become Captain of the Optic Gaming A-team.  His OCD game grinding has helped me learn many valuable things about call of duty in every evolution since BO2.

The Man O War is an interesting gun in that it literally seems hot and cold for me.  One game it melts the other team and the next it's loaded with marshmellows.  I really don't like this gun much as it just seems under-powered for as long as it takes to fire with that big "chunk, chunk, chunk" fire rate.  I prefer quickdraw and grip, with either High Caliber for that view kick headshot bonus Thunder always talks about, or I go with FMJ for increased penetration and try to aim a little low when encountering known head glitch spots.  A good map for the MoW is Fringe.  You can setup on the tractor-trailer and have a long sight line down train tunnel and you can still cover the barn to the left.  Both offer long sight lines and give you the opportunity for several shots before you get in real trouble of a wall runner shooting back.  Stronghold is another good map with long sight lines that would be good for this rifle.  Hunted "can" be a good, long distance AR map, but you really need a guy or two who can press the other team and keep them off the bridge and the overpass up above.  

The Razorback:  This gun got a lot of love early on, but I don't really like it.  I was running it last week and it seemed to just need the entire magazine to put guys down.  I routinely missed out on double and triple kills because it just wouldn't drop that first guy.  I was running long barrel on it as well, but after watching Crim's video and reading what was written above, it may not need it.  Grip and Quickdraw are almost a must.  Stock is nice if you ADS and move a lot, but I try not to do that as it truly infuriates the fuck out of me when I get killed by a guy duck walking the map with the L2 taped down.  :angry: I really like Aqaurium and Breach for sub machines in this game and I usually do really well on those maps with a sub as long as I don't try to get froggy and equip that stupid Pharo.  Hate that gun.

Some basic tips would be never go down the center in a re-spawn game type.  I consider the center of the map kind of like a valley of death.  You can wander in there and you may get a kill or two, but you can bet someone else is going to come in there and rip you off that streak you are on in a NY minute.  Stay out of the center.

If you are going to rush in BO3, then keep rushing. Get to the other spawn, then turn and do it again.  If you are going to play static and control lanes, stay static and don't let them flip your spawn.  Don't mix them.  The map control is difficult when playing solo and it only gets more frenetic if you rush towards a non spawn anchor and assume a turret stance, killing everything you see.  You are about to get spawned upon and end up with that two piece you just collected in your back pocket.

Don't reload in the open.  Duck in somewhere, or go prone behind a head glitch.  Not every time, but when you are chasing a streak or a (5) kill streak like this for camo, don't risk getting caught reloading when you feel "you are getting close".  If you don't have a back up because you carry a launcher, then make sure you think about when and where to reload.  If you have 13 bullets in the mag, can you get that next kill you are chasing?  Or do you need to take your foot off the gas a bit, do a safe and controlled reload, and then survey for an easier mark?   

Great advice bro 

As always good advice and I will check him out.  I did get the M-O-W done today - miracle of miracles!  I lost track of how many maps I played with the Razorback but still 0 - 5!  I had one game where I got all five kills with the RB, no streaks, or other weapons, it was recorded in the metals as a "Blood Thirsty" but not on my camo?  Had this same thing happen twice with the M-O-W as well...

Just keep grinding and by the way I try never to rush as I couldn't win a gun fight with a one armed nun! 

Back at it today. Hopefully finish RB. The MOW is now gold.

Just keep going, I have just the MOW and M8 to finish the AR's for Gold/Diamond camo, it can be a grind but you'll get there in the end :)

use grip and stock with either Elo or no sight.

then have Ghost, Fast hands, Awareness and Dead Silence

you'll need to have the Perk Greed 3 Wildcard as well for the second Perk spot.

then just patrol one area. 

use grip and stock with either Elo or no sight.

then have Ghost, Fast hands, Awareness and Dead Silence

you'll need to have the Perk Greed 3 Wildcard as well for the second Perk spot.

then just patrol one area. 

Great to hear mate, I'm having good results with the razorback on HCTDM today

I will be going on HCTDM as well in a short while.

Yes FQ, I am using Grip, Stock and LB but I actually put the Vari on as I find I have much better luck it is like a AR; I am not a rusher with my slower reflexes I just lose up-close gun battles.  I have been patrolling an area. 

As I stated I got 3 Blood Thirsty medals last night but not one appeared in my challenges!  I didn't have or use a secondary or a score streak it was strictly the RB that I use - any suggestions why I didn't get credit?  I was wondering if you have to stay alive after to close the award - that means you actually would need six kills without dying, not five!

Thanks guys for taking the time to help me.

I will be going on HCTDM as well in a short while.

Yes FQ, I am using Grip, Stock and LB but I actually put the Vari on as I find I have much better luck it is like a AR; I am not a rusher with my slower reflexes I just lose up-close gun battles.  I have been patrolling an area. 

As I stated I got 3 Blood Thirsty medals last night but not one appeared in my challenges!  I didn't have or use a secondary or a score streak it was strictly the RB that I use - any suggestions why I didn't get credit?  I was wondering if you have to stay alive after to close the award - that means you actually would need six kills without dying, not five!

Thanks guys for taking the time to help me.

dont mention it mate thats what we're here for 

best for me with razorback is silencer and fast mags, no grip needed and rapid fire only adds 6%increase so pointless

man of war i use grip and high caliber sometimes

i play tdm so cant really comment on other modes but in tdm use your mini map to its full potential cause keeping an eye on your team mates position can easily help you anticipate where the enemy is spawning, also theres high traffic areas on every map that people like to hang out so if your team mates are in one place the enemy is likely in the other  a simple example of this is the 2 opposite buildings on fringe, also use each gun the way its supposed to be used for example with the man of war id generaly hang out just outside their spawn and kill them as they come out but with the razor back id get in their face 

Well, I think I know the reason my four (another this morning) are not counting towards my Camo. 

1. I have been using the Varix and it counts as two weapons so if you change the zoom it is not with the same gun. 
  2. Some suggest that if you get a couple of kills then an assist this stops the clock and it has to start over.

Both opinions came from Redit and I think they both suck - Blood Thirsty is BT you can't have two sets of rules (especially if they are unpublished)!

I think the kill counters are bugged if you've already prestiged the weapon and left them on? If so take everything off and try that, I could be wrong but I'm sure when I was going for diamond on the AR's I was stacking longshots with Bloodthirsty's w/ Varix, You'll get there keep plugging away and play slightly more conservative if your struggling mate

Archived