Can't DMZ my modem/router

Hello.

Currently I have a Netgear D6300, which I have connected via ethernet to my Netduma R1, and I think I am running into a double NAT issue, because I can't DMZ, as theres no options to add the Netduma.

Any suggestions?

It would appear that I would have to buy a new Modem, modem/router?

I'm currently in an area where ADSL2+ is only available (Optic fiber coming later this year). If do do have to buy a new Modem, Modem/router, can anyone recommend one, that will still work with ADSL2+,that will also be able to crossover to optic when it become available.

Hey, Maorinate

Just been looking at your Routers User manual, there is a section about putting it into DMZ

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R6300V2/R6300v2_UM_20May2015.pdf

Not sure if that applies to me as mine is the "D"6300, not "R".

However I did find the section WAN SETUP>DEFAULT DMZ SERVER> Is this where I would enter the Netduma WAN IP?

There is also a drop down menu at the top with three options.

-Auto detect

-Must use DSL WAN

-Must use Ethernet WAN

I have "Auto detect" enabled.

After that's done, in the Netduma settings>Misc>Enable Upnp forwarding?

After doing all this I am still having major NAT issues with PSN party chat, connecting me via NAT TYPE 2, after doing this shouldn't my Nat be OPEN?

Not sure if I am doing this right.

Nat type 2 is OPEN. Type 2 means you're connecting through a router. Type 1 is connecting directly through a modem I think.

I had to disable the geofilter to join party chat initially. Then reenable it after adding my friends to the Allowed list.

I'm sure someone else will be along to splain better :)

Nat type 2 is OPEN. Type 2 means you're connecting through a router. Type 1 is connecting directly through a modem I think.

I had to disable the geofilter to join party chat initially. Then reenable it after adding my friends to the Allowed list.

I'm sure someone else will be along to splain better :)

It's connecting with Nat type 2.

I've disabled the Geofilter, restarted the PS4, then tried to join party chats, and I'm still having Nat type issues with EVERY player in the party. How do I add people to the Allowed list?

I primarily play Destiny, and I am continually being booted from their servers due to various network issues.

I have gone through ALL the fine tuning guides, and implemented all settings, and still nothing is working.

I'm about to take a hammer to something. FRUSTRATING!

Select advanced > Setup > Wan Setup.

Select the Default Dmz Server check box.

Type the IP address of your Netduma

Click apply.

Yup done all that. I rebooted my Netgear, and the netduma, while the PS4 was off, it seems as though I can join parties now.

I still cannot complete a full PVP match though, I get disconected before the match finishes. EVERY TIME.

I'm trying to add friends to the allowed list, but the ZOOM function does not work at all in the GUI, so I can't determine who is who!

VERY DISAPPOINTED in the Netduma thus far.

Is your console wired to your console ? If its wireless make sure it isn't far.

Is your bandwith sufficient for online activity ? If its low you won't be able to do party chat + game at the same time properly.

Zoom function is supposed to help you better set your home location which should allow you to join anyone within the range you set through the radius geo-filter. You can't block or allow servers however but you can still do that to players. If you want to avoid a server you will have to move your house.

If you are playing Destiny and getting code " rabbit " or such then bewary that its a destiny thing. You can get less of these by using google DNS as destiny forums have recommended.

Is your console wired to your console ? If its wireless make sure it isn't far.

Is your bandwith sufficient for online activity ? If its low you won't be able to do party chat + game at the same time properly.

Zoom function is supposed to help you better set your home location which should allow you to join anyone within the range you set through the radius geo-filter. You can't block or allow servers however but you can still do that to players. If you want to avoid a server you will have to move your house.

If you are playing Destiny and getting code " rabbit " or such then bewary that its a destiny thing. You can get less of these by using google DNS as destiny forums have recommended.

Modem/router, is connected to Netduma via ethernet (cat6), Netduma, is connected to PS4 with ethernet also.

My bandwidth has always been sufficient to be in a party, and play online.

I am playing destiny, but not getting that error code. (weasel)

Have you been through the optimum settings guide or read any of the Wiki?

Have you got strict mode disabled for Destiny? Make sure you aren't using Internet Explorer - use a browser such as Google Chrome.

Yes I have been through it all.

I decided to try and figure out exactly where the problem is, and why I am being disconnected from the gaming server.

1. I disconnected the Netduma, and tried using my Modem/router (Netgear D6300), via Ethernet - It still disconnected after 30 minutes.

2. I disconnected the Ethernet, and connected to the Modem/router, via wifi - It still disconnected after 30 minutes.

3. I only changed 1 state in the modem/router, which was to add the netduma to the DMZ server. I un-ticked the box, and removed the DMZ.

IT FINALLY STAYED CONNECTED

So why is adding my Netduma to the DMZ on my modem/router causing me to disconnect from the gaming server every 30 minutes?

There are no other port forwarding rules.

I'm definitely using the WAN IP

I'm definitely confused!

• Netduma Staff

If it is happening with out the Netduma, then it sounds like it could be a problem with the modem/router. Adding the Netduma to the DMZ shouldn't make any difference. Are you sure it couldn't have been coincidence with the disconnects? You could also try port forwarding ports 1024 - 65535 TCP/UDP to the Netduma (which will do essentially the same as DMZ) and see if that works.

If it is happening with out the Netduma, then it sounds like it could be a problem with the modem/router. Adding the Netduma to the DMZ shouldn't make any difference. Are you sure it couldn't have been coincidence with the disconnects? You could also try port forwarding ports 1024 - 65535 TCP/UDP to the Netduma (which will do essentially the same as DMZ) and see if that works.

I tested the connection 6 times, each time it disconnected at 30 minutes.

once, or twice I would say could be a coincidence, but 6 times is getting pretty solid.

If I forward those ports, do I still do everything else the same, other than adding the WAN IP to the DMZ?

• Netduma Staff

I tested the connection 6 times, each time it disconnected at 30 minutes.

once, or twice I would say could be a coincidence, but 6 times is getting pretty solid.

If I forward those ports, do I still do everything else the same, other than adding the WAN IP to the DMZ?

Yeah, do everything the same with the exception of the pcart-forwading and DMZ.

Thank you Crossy, I can actually hold fast to the game server now.

It has me beat as to why DMZ wouldn't work.

However, I still am experiencing an unusual amount of NAT TYPE issues, with players in a party chat.. Which is painful when trying to complete group activities.

• Netduma Staff

Thank you Crossy, I can actually hold fast to the game server now.

It has me beat as to why DMZ wouldn't work.

However, I still am experiencing an unusual amount of NAT TYPE issues, with players in a party chat.. Which is painful when trying to complete group activities.

If you disable the GeoFilter do that NAT type issues sort out?

hey,

i solved that nat issue with few steps everytime before i start the Game... i First open a party/chat then Start up the Game...once iam in the Main menu of the Game i go to the Webbrowser of my ps4 and enable the geofilter AND Open up the Range as twice aus usual so that the nat Server can detect me... now if my Friends are online ill now see them popup and rate them... After these process i can then adjust my geofilter how ever i want, without issues... i hope this could solve your Problem

If you disable the GeoFilter do that NAT type issues sort out?

Yes, but as soon as I re-enable it, I get Nat type issues when anyone joins, or leaves a party. I then have to re-boot my modem/router, and the netduma, while the playstation is off, which is a major pain in the @$$.

hey,

i solved that nat issue with few steps everytime before i start the Game... i First open a party/chat then Start up the Game...once iam in the Main menu of the Game i go to the Webbrowser of my ps4 and enable the geofilter AND Open up the Range as twice aus usual so that the nat Server can detect me... now if my Friends are online ill now see them popup and rate them... After these process i can then adjust my geofilter how ever i want, without issues... i hope this could solve your Problem

And what happens when a new person who I play with comes online while my geo-filter is active. "I'll be back in 10 minutes guys, I have to reboot everything, restart my psn then re-add you all to my active likst".

If this is the way my gaming life is going to play out from now on. I want a re-fund! Because this in unacceptable, and it seems as if you have accepted it. Not me sir.

• Netduma Staff

Yes, but as soon as I re-enable it, I get Nat type issues when anyone joins, or leaves a party. I then have to re-boot my modem/router, and the netduma, while the playstation is off, which is a major pain in the @$$.

If they are outside your filter they will get blocked. So you have two options. 1) Add them to your allow list. 2) Disable the GeoFilter when new people are joining the party or you are joining the party.

I do this once when i start up the game and that's it... Did you changed your homelocation the first time you get the netduma or was your homelocation exactly detectet... Because in my case i was 700 km away from my real home detectet over a server in france.. And now i just have to include this server in my friendslist and this server pops up when i have ,,show dormant hosts" ticked...

• Administrators

To allow your friends you just need to follow this, if you reboot from settings > miscellaneous you won't need to re add everyone again. 

Ensure strict is off for Destiny with ping assist at 0. Ensure auto&bleeding edge cloud is ticked in misc settings.

Hi everyone I am ARTIK from New Zealand sorry for no real introduction!

Sorry for the long winded message 

Anyone knows who plays destiny pvp will know is just an absolute lag fest at the moment ,After seeing all the hype on youtube how great this router works with destiny dominate that lag,, I was like this is is to good to be true I have to try this for myself! ,but before i brought the netduma i head hunted a member on the forum who is also from New Zealand to ask his opinion on netduma, he did state he did not play destiny he used his for pc, his experience with the router was great! after his feedback and reading a bit on the forums I got one of those bad boys on order!! I have had my netduma for about 2 weeks now and up until the weekend I was using the old update .4 version update, the first week it worked magic for me great connections in normal crucible with out any laggy "god mode" players with the odd beaver error which i thought was destiny just being destiny, so I recommended the net duma to a few of my friends one being Maorinate who started this topic who lives in Australia. Then for what ever reason I started noticing more people outside the geofilter range started getting into my games causing more frequent beaver/quail errors (which if you don't know it kicks you from matches) it still was not enough for me to stress out but I was beginning to be annoyed, I have only Managed to do one successful passage in the game mode trials of osirus with the geofilter on with only being kicked once otherwise every other attempt i had to turn the geofilter off so i would not get kicked which sort of defeats the purpose of even having the netduma because of who i was connecting to US, Europe Asia etc.

I decided to get in contact with the forum member again who was super helpful and he went as far to skype call me to go through the settings on my netduma who told me me about the latest cloud update .5 which i have updated to following all instructions.

This is when the the netduma has turned to custard for me instead of getting beaver'd 1 to 2 games out of 10 it has increased to like every 7 out of 10 mostly before the match has started but now while i'm in game about 3 quarters of the way through ill get booted with the beaver error which i did not get on the old firmware as soon as there is a yellow triangle host in my game its a guaranteed kick (and No i dont use strict) . As you could imagine I started to see red so i disconnected the netduma and played off my isp modem I played 3 hours of pvp without a single beaver error.

I dont use strict

pa on 0

auto&bleeding edge cloud is ticked 

all friends in the allow coloum

i disable geo to let people into my party from outside the geofilter range

I am aware of destiny changing match making to skillbase

talking with maorinate he has very similar experience.

any suggestions??it would be appreciated

• Administrators

Hey welcome to the forum! If you could provide me with the ID of that triangle that appears when you're getting kicked that would be extremely helpful to prevent the issue. 

I know they're putting out an update today as well so will test that ASAP and see if we need to do anything further.

Archived