Black Ops 3 ALWAYS on moderate unless I reboot my router (also my friend can't join me when Host Filtering is enabled!)

(Playing on the PS4 by the way)

As the title suggests, Black Ops 3 is ALWAYS on moderate every day I turn my PS4 on, unless I go on my router > Settings > Misc > Reboot Router.

Originally this wasn't an issue, but we have a few security cameras to be installed around the house, and they will be wired to the router, once the router is turned off and on, it'll restart the camera settings and I'll have to go through a lot of settings to get the cameras up and running again.

I would rather just fix the problem with the router.

So why does my router only work unless I restart my router?

Also, question number 2.

I game with a good friend of mine. And whenever I go under Host Filtering, and select my PlayStation Network PA as enabled (basically I want it on enabled all the time), it'll kick my friend out the game-lobby/game 90% of the time, and he won't be able to join again. It'll just say "This lobby is not joinable", and I won't be able to join him either. Unless I go back to Host Filtering and disable it, and bam, he can join again and vice-versa.

He will only be able to join if we have ANOTHER player in the lobby and he joins through him. Now once I have it on enabled, in the PS4 party chat a sudden message will pop up saying something along the lines of "NAT-restrcitions: You may not be able to communicate with this user as NAT type settings", I can't remember the exact working, but as soon as it's enabled he A) Can't join my lobby and B) He's unable to talk to me through through the PS4 chat.

Why is this happening? It's upsetting because we just want an enjoyable experience.

Thank you for helping.

When you turn on the PS4 is the geo filter disabled?  If not, I recommend that you start the PS4 with the geo filter off.  Are you using the latest 1.03.5 firmware?  See the link below.  The reason that I ask is Playstation Network PA was removed in the latest version.  See the link below.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/9124-major-router-upgrade-now-available-v-1035/#

Did you add your friend under the allowed list?   If not, you need to add him to the allowed list.

I noticed that when I had host filter enabled for my one xbox that the speeds were low. So i disabled that and speeds are good. I didn't see any issues with party chat and connecting with friends with Host Filter disabled. I recommend not using it. 

(Playing on the PS4 by the way)

As the title suggests, Black Ops 3 is ALWAYS on moderate every day I turn my PS4 on, unless I go on my router > Settings > Misc > Reboot Router.

Originally this wasn't an issue, but we have a few security cameras to be installed around the house, and they will be wired to the router, once the router is turned off and on, it'll restart the camera settings and I'll have to go through a lot of settings to get the cameras up and running again.

I would rather just fix the problem with the router.

So why does my router only work unless I restart my router?

Also, question number 2.

I game with a good friend of mine. And whenever I go under Host Filtering, and select my PlayStation Network PA as enabled (basically I want it on enabled all the time), it'll kick my friend out the game-lobby/game 90% of the time, and he won't be able to join again. It'll just say "This lobby is not joinable", and I won't be able to join him either. Unless I go back to Host Filtering and disable it, and bam, he can join again and vice-versa.

He will only be able to join if we have ANOTHER player in the lobby and he joins through him. Now once I have it on enabled, in the PS4 party chat a sudden message will pop up saying something along the lines of "NAT-restrcitions: You may not be able to communicate with this user as NAT type settings", I can't remember the exact working, but as soon as it's enabled he A) Can't join my lobby and B) He's unable to talk to me through through the PS4 chat.

Why is this happening? It's upsetting because we just want an enjoyable experience.

Thank you for helping.

Don't waste your time by rebooting the router everytime. A faster solution that always works for me is to first quit the game application, then go to the UPnP section on your netduma and untick the upnp then save. After retick the upnp then hit save again. Start the application and it should be open. Otherwise just restart the router as a plan B and you should be fine.

• Netduma Staff

Is the Netduma in your other router's DMZ? Have you removed all port forwarding from the Netduma and your other router? Is UPnP enabled on the Netduma in Settings >> UPnP?

Also make sure you are on the latest version (1.03.5m). You need to add your friend to the allowed list so he can join :)

Don't waste your time by rebooting the router everytime. A faster solution that always works for me is to first quit the game application, then go to the UPnP section on your netduma and untick the upnp then save. After retick the upnp then hit save again. Start the application and it should be open. Otherwise just restart the router as a plan B and you should be fine.

Thank you! This works and saves me a lot of hassle!

Is the Netduma in your other router's DMZ? Have you removed all port forwarding from the Netduma and your other router? Is UPnP enabled on the Netduma in Settings >> UPnP?

Also make sure you are on the latest version (1.03.5m). You need to add your friend to the allowed list so he can join :)

I have a Sky Broadband Fiber Optic Router (UK Router), and the Netduma is connected to that.

UPnP is enabled.

I don't know how to 'remove all port forwarding to the Netduma', I thought I was supposed to add port forwarding to the Netduma not remove it?

I've never done either before and I'm worried if I do this and mess it up I'll do something to the router no one in the household will be able to use the internet.

Is it simple to do? Do we have a step-by-step guide on how to do this?

(Either via YouTube or a guide on this website?)

• Netduma Staff

I have a Sky Broadband Fiber Optic Router (UK Router), and the Netduma is connected to that.

UPnP is enabled.

I don't know how to 'remove all port forwarding to the Netduma', I thought I was supposed to add port forwarding to the Netduma not remove it?

I've never done either before and I'm worried if I do this and mess it up I'll do something to the router no one in the household will be able to use the internet.

Is it simple to do? Do we have a step-by-step guide on how to do this?

(Either via YouTube or a guide on this website?)

All port forwarding should be removed on the Netduma and on the Sky router. You should then put the Netduma's WAN IP in the Sky router's DMZ section.

You can upgrade following the instructions here BUT the file on that page is not the latest version. Download the upgrade file from this page, but follow the instructions from the page on the Wiki.

Archived