SB6183 modem

Looking through the forum, this modem, SB6183, is mentioned a number of times; usually followed by complaints.

Will the issues surrounding the reduced speeds and the occasional not work at all be fixed in an upcoming patch?

From what i can google, there is no forth coming firmware patch for the modem.

I believe that issues are related to the modem's EEE functionality from the Broadcom chipset that is used.  This chipset has been know to cause issues regardless if used with the Netduma or not.  Off the top of my head I believe that the Motorola/Arris SB6183, SB6580 and Netgear CM500 all have the same Broadcom chipset.

I personally had the SB6580 from Time Warner Cable.  I has have intermittent slow internet speeds and speed test issues while using it.  I returned it and bought a SB6141, which has a Texas Instrument chipset and does not have the EEE issue. After swapping modems, I did not have any further issues.  

I have now purchased a Netgear CM600 because TWC is upgrading my internet as part of the TWC Maxx, and I needed a new modem to handle the higher bandwidth.

i havent had issues with the surfboard 6183 yet that i know of but the surfboard 6141 had a rebooting issue for some reason my internet would shut off if i tried to upload something 

• Administrators

Looking through the forum, this modem, SB6183, is mentioned a number of times; usually followed by complaints.

Will the issues surrounding the reduced speeds and the occasional not work at all be fixed in an upcoming patch?

From what i can google, there is no forth coming firmware patch for the modem.

It is not something that we can fix, we did try to put out a fix on our end but it didn't work, has to be a modem patch. If you're having speed issues with the R1 double check everything from here

It is not something that we can fix, we did try to put out a fix on our end but it didn't work, has to be a modem patch. If you're having speed issues with the R1 double check everything from here

yea none of that fixes the problem. Bummer it does not work together.

Archived