Why aren't the peers on the map color coded to the peer pings?

I know you were planning on implementing a click the bar ping graph solution down the road, but in the meantime couldn't you just color the peers on the map the same color as they are show on the ping chart? Probably not as simple as I imagine, but man it would be a lot easier for the user.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, any progress on this type of feature? I play a ton of Destiny and it is nearly impossible to sort through the player dots to find the 1-2 that are really lagging - would love something quicker.

Are there really that many people that use two different services at once? Maybe implement the color coding I suggested but have a tick box to enable/disable if using more than one service? Or implement a gradient system w/ one or two colors per service? Just a thought! 

Thanks!

Destiny player here, new Net Duma user.  I've searched the forums, but can't seem to find an answer.  On peer ping, is there a way to tell where the host is based on their ping time? I.e. I'd like to block a bad host, but can't tell which one is the high ping.

No, you can guess if they are overseas but otherwise you have to ping each player's red circle individually, which is a pain esp. when you're in a match.

• Administrators

We're not able to release small snippets of upgrades for these types of things unfortunately. Rest assured we're busy at work on the next upgrade so will endeavour to include this into it :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just another thought on this that might be easier to implement? Could you put the ping times on the map itself? Either static with a line to the host, or maybe hover the over host circle to get the last ping reading for that host? It is Destiny Iron Lagger again this week...so this is at the forefront of my mind again. :)

Archived