New software and now have PS4 controller issues

Hi

I have recently updated to the most recent firmware update for the netduma.  Must say big improvement on the geofilter working better and seem to have a better connection in general.

I just have one problem that i'm sure has happened on a previous firmware version but i cant remember how it was fixed.  The problem I'm having is the PS4 controller keeps making big movements when aiming or general moving about.  This is making it very hard to aim on the target.

Can someone please tell me how to stop this happening.  Hasn't happened before I installed the new firmware.

JP

• Administrators

Hey, I'm not sure how we can help with a controller issue. It doesn't really sound like a networking issue from what you've described. Perhaps your controller is experiencing an issue. If you can provide more details on how you think this may be network related I can help out.

This is in no way related to the Netduma so this should probably be located under Non-General Support as someone may have some ideas on how to fix. But a couple of things to check:

1. Make sure the controller is charged (The PS4 has an internal battery, correct?);

2. You have latest firmware downloaded to the controller;

3. Do a hard reboot on the console;

4. Test another controller to rule out a faulty controller;

5. Test on other games.

I'm sure others may have some suggestions as I don't own a PS4, only a Xbox One. But this will at least get you started. 

Okay well this issue happened before when a previous firmware version was installed and from memory the problem was resolved by turning UPnP off!  Now I cant do this because i'll end up with a strict NAT type.

I have not experienced this problem since until I updated the firmware!  It happened on the first gaming period after the firmware update and i haven't experienced this issue on any other occasion apart from mentioned above.

I can confirm that it happened on both controllers and both were fully charged!!!

I will try playing again in a minute and see if the problem has gone.

Out of interest how do you hard reset a PS4 and what will i lose if I do this?

It just seems very strange how it happens as soon as the latest firmware is installed and on both controllers and I have known it to be a problem in the past with UPnP being switched on.  I have a friend who can confirm the same thing happening.  He said turn off UPnP and use port forwarding instead.  If i do this will my NAT type still be open?

I'm using a Sky hub which i couldn't get the Netduma inputted into DMZ mode it just doesn't seem to do anything.  Everytime i put the numbers in and update the boxes just become blank again.  So I turned UPnP on on the sky Hub and the NAT type went straight to open.  if I turn UPnP off on the netduma will my NAT type be affected? 

If you think you can log onto my terminal Iain and get my Netduma into DMZ mode and i can turn UPnP off I would be grateful.  Im happy to use port forwarding instead if this is an option to keep my NAT type Open.

I look forward to your responses

Kind regards

JP

• Administrators

That seems extremely odd. I'm not sure why that would have an effect at all. 

You can turn off UPnP on the duma, just ensure you set a static IP for your console and open all the necessary ports and your NAT should still be open. 

I believe a hard reset of the console is holding down the power for 10 seconds until it turns off. You won't lose anything. 

For your speeds 

Are the controllers wireless when the problem occurs?  I've had a PS4 only since the end of the BO3 Beta, but I have never had an issue like this one.  I don't know how a software upgrade would affect the game controller unless it was wireless and you have a competing frequency that is stronger than the one the wireless controller uses.

I'm curious to see how this plays out because this is a new one by me.   :blink:

That seems extremely odd. I'm not sure why that would have an effect at all. 

You can turn off UPnP on the duma, just ensure you set a static IP for your console and open all the necessary ports and your NAT should still be open. 

I believe a hard reset of the console is holding down the power for 10 seconds until it turns off. You won't lose anything. 

For your speeds 

Okay thanks Fraser

Download speeds are considerably down though, If i plug straight to the Sky hub i get 70Meg plus! Netduma 30-50 Meg

Okay thanks Fraser

Download speeds are considerably down though, If i plug straight to the Sky hub i get 70Meg plus! Netduma 30-50 Meg

For your speed issue...are you running the test with the CC sliders at 100 % and algorithm on reactive ? 

And try hitting the rest distribution flower and don't touch it after that as their is a know bug with it,but will be fixed in the next update,

Okay thanks Fraser

Hi JP003, this problem is with B03 not the duma. if you get this quit the game and join another, i had this 3 games in a row last night, kept backing out until it was normal.

Hi

Thanks to everyone who posted.

I did go back on BO3 and had exactly the same issue as the night before.  I got so annoyed with it I turned UPnP off on the Duma and set my PS4 as static IP and setup port forwarding.  Went back on and I haven't had any problems since!  This problem also happened on Advanced Warfare and from memory we did exactly the same then to resolve it.  Im no tech guy when it comes to computers so I have no idea why this has worked but it has.  Yes it may be coincidence but im pretty sure somehow its related as it started immediately after the firmware update and stopped immediately after I turned UPnP off and setup port forwarding!

For your speed issue...are you running the test with the CC sliders at 100 % and algorithm on reactive ? 

And try hitting the rest distribution flower and don't touch it after that as their is a know bug with it,but will be fixed in the next update,

Hi Yes both sliders set at 100% and ive tried resetting distribution but doesnt make any difference. Its set on reactive but even on preempitve the speed doesnt go above 44 Meg down, upload speeds seem unaffected!!!  If i plug laptop straight into the sky hub i get 70 Meg plus on down load!!

I also have wireless issues since latest firmware which im going to start a new post on.  I keep getting no internet wireless on my iphone 6, laptop and my sons ps3, usually it shows it connected to netduma but no internet until i disconnect and reconnect the device! 

• Administrators

Hi

Thanks to everyone who posted.

I did go back on BO3 and had exactly the same issue as the night before.  I got so annoyed with it I turned UPnP off on the Duma and set my PS4 as static IP and setup port forwarding.  Went back on and I haven't had any problems since!  This problem also happened on Advanced Warfare and from memory we did exactly the same then to resolve it.  Im no tech guy when it comes to computers so I have no idea why this has worked but it has.  Yes it may be coincidence but im pretty sure somehow its related as it started immediately after the firmware update and stopped immediately after I turned UPnP off and setup port forwarding!

Thanks for the update, glad to see it's resolved but not sure why that would have an effect.

Hi Yes both sliders set at 100% and ive tried resetting distribution but doesnt make any difference. Its set on reactive but even on preempitve the speed doesnt go above 44 Meg down, upload speeds seem unaffected!!!  If i plug laptop straight into the sky hub i get 70 Meg plus on down load!!

I also have wireless issues since latest firmware which im going to start a new post on.  I keep getting no internet wireless on my iphone 6, laptop and my sons ps3, usually it shows it connected to netduma but no internet until i disconnect and reconnect the device! 

100% anti-flood

Reactive

Share excess on

Device prio reset and applied

IPv6 off in WAN, LAN & misc

Deep packet off in misc

Should have full speeds when you do a wired speed test from PC

Wireless issue turn of wifi workaround in misc settings

Thanks for the update, glad to see it's resolved but not sure why that would have an effect.

100% anti-flood

Reactive

Share excess on

Device prio reset and applied

IPv6 off in WAN, LAN & misc

Deep packet off in misc

Should have full speeds when you do a wired speed test from PC

Wireless issue turn of wifi workaround in misc settings

Ahhh did all the above but left deep packet on!!!  Thanks i'll give that a go.  Isn't it best to keep deep packet on for gaming?

Thanks have turned walkaround off and havent lost connect as yet.

Thanks for the reply Iain.

On a positive note the game quality early hours is amazing and being a COD player from the first day usually early hours meant lag and crap game quality.  Now early hours I have the best connection!  Im not complaining as its a nice end to the gaming session.  Not doing my business much good sleeping in late though lol.

Hi

I have recently updated to the most recent firmware update for the netduma.  Must say big improvement on the geofilter working better and seem to have a better connection in general.

I just have one problem that i'm sure has happened on a previous firmware version but i cant remember how it was fixed.  The problem I'm having is the PS4 controller keeps making big movements when aiming or general moving about.  This is making it very hard to aim on the target.

Can someone please tell me how to stop this happening.  Hasn't happened before I installed the new firmware.

JP

Try to re-sync your controller with your PS4 or if that fails, get a new one...

Your dualshock 4 works on bluetooth connectivity, nothing inside the Netduma R1 works with bluetooth so there is no logical/possible way updating router firmware from a file on your PC would affect your dualshock 4 controller.

You may have some bluetooth device running in the same room or nearby your PS4 that is causing the issue though...

• Administrators

Ahhh did all the above but left deep packet on!!!  Thanks i'll give that a go.  Isn't it best to keep deep packet on for gaming?

Thanks have turned walkaround off and havent lost connect as yet.

Thanks for the reply Iain.

On a positive note the game quality early hours is amazing and being a COD player from the first day usually early hours meant lag and crap game quality.  Now early hours I have the best connection!  Im not complaining as its a nice end to the gaming session.  Not doing my business much good sleeping in late though lol.

No it is not required to keep on. It's mainly for PC gaming. 

Great!

I'm Fraser but easy mistake to make, we both share that name :) 

Im getting same controller issues as  above after update. I will try the same as above. I would like to have step bye step instructions on how to do this as i have never done any port forwarding. Thanks for the help in advance

Go to device manager, find the IP for your console. 

Go to port forwarding. 

Name the rule, the specific port you need is 3074 (as start and end port). Others may be required. 

Choose UDP/TCP

Put in the IP of the console. 

Apply it

No it is not required to keep on. It's mainly for PC gaming. 

Great!

I'm Fraser but easy mistake to make, we both share that name :)

Go to device manager, find the IP for your console. 

Go to port forwarding. 

Name the rule, the specific port you need is 3074 (as start and end port). Others may be required. 

Choose UDP/TCP

Put in the IP of the console. 

Apply it

Sorry Fraser thats freaky having similar names lol

Im getting same controller issues as  above after update. I will try the same as above. I would like to have step bye step instructions on how to do this as i have never done any port forwarding. Thanks for the help in advance

look at portforwarding.com  they have pretty good instructions.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you manage to setup the port forwarding?  if not post on here and ill talk you through it and the ports you need to forward.

Personally I would look at the game developers websites for which ports are best to open 

Archived