NAT type party chat problems...

RolidSnake

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out on this one?

Sometimes when I party up with other Duma users my PS4 says I can't join their party chat because of NAT type problems.

This also occurs when joining their lobby (CoD AW and BO3).

There are sometimes other non Duma users that join the party chat too, but we can't figure out who is causing the problem or why it's happening at all.

We've tried disabling the geo filter all together, strict mode, the allow and deny section, setting the PA to 0 and it still won't let us join lobbies or party chats.

As it stands, it seems like pure luck when we're finally all able to join the same lobby/chat.

Any advice?

Have you made sure that you are all either inside of each other's geo-filters range or set to excluded/allowed? I've had similar issues with people in Xbox Live chat, but it worked fine after make sure the people I wanted to chat with were either inside my filter range or set to always allow.

• Administrators

Word up Fraser!

All NATs are open - as far as I can tell/know. Never had the problem until the R1 was introduced.

It doesn't happen all the time, but it only happens when in a chat with other Duma users.

Have you all added each other? Does it work if you all disable the Geo?

Have you all added each other? Does it work if you all disable the Geo?

We're all each others allow list. 

Yesterday - it let us all use the party chat but we couldn't join each other's lobbies.

I'm really stumped!

I disable my GF (not my girl friend... the geo filter, although I wish there was a disable feature for her too!) and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Sounds very strange. Does the same occur with your ISP hub?

Nope. Only with the R1 and if the GF is enabled with strict mode on.

I've made sure we're all within each others GF ranges and we've all 'allowed' each other connection wise.

Some days it works and some days it doesn't.

I've been having less NAT chap type problems since we've made the changes but BO3 party lobbies are still a nightmare to join.

I

'm not sure whether this is a Treyarch issue or not?

Have you made sure that you are all either inside of each other's geo-filters range or set to excluded/allowed? I've had similar issues with people in Xbox Live chat, but it worked fine after make sure the people I wanted to chat with were either inside my filter range or set to always allow.

All set and allowed. Still pretty hit and miss to whether it works or not.

My NAT type is always open. Not too sure whether anyone with strict or closed NAT in the party is causing the issue? 

Myself and ltr sometimes have this issue, to get around it we re add each other incase the ip addresses have changed dynamically due to ISP and then just one of us has the filter on (whoever is hosting) and wait 2 minutes.

This usually sorts out any party chat and joining lobby issues.

Yo guys, 

Me and a friend have the same issue. We can't join eachother. Nat-types are open and yesterday when I shut of my Geo and my friend not, we could join eachother. Today that trick doesn't work. It's strange. We also have no clue what is causing the problem. Everything else works perfect.

Grtz De2nis

Archived