Low download/Upload

PyroXL

I finally got my netduma to allow to connect to a game after hours of it not working. i connect to a game in BO3 and its not giving me any info on the host. And when i go to device manager it says my download speed is 4.8 and upload is 1. i go to speedtest and it says the same. On my old router from optimum i have 50 down/ 5 up. Why is my speed so slow on the netduma??

Ok i followed those steps. and my speed increased to 56 down / 27 up! :) but the netduma says for gaming to drop the cap to 70%. wont that slow the speed?

It will slow your overall speed, but that extra bandwidth is now preserved for gaming.  This helps to alleviate spikes from internet traffic occurring on your home network and allow for a smoother online experience.  BO3 is still a bit of fine tuning mystery we are working on.

Also a quick question. On most of the images on this site in the geofilter section when an xbox one is selected it says Xbox One - Xbox live. on mine it says Xbox SystemOS - Xbox Live. Does this matter?

Those pictures were probably taken prior to the update that included Ping Assist and then the changes made after.  If you are playing on Xbox Live, and have selected the Xbox Live choice (I believe there was only one the last time I looked), you should be okay.

It will slow your overall speed, but that extra bandwidth is now preserved for gaming.  This helps to alleviate spikes from internet traffic occurring on your home network and allow for a smoother online experience.  BO3 is still a bit of fine tuning mystery we are working on.

So i should still drop it to 70% when playing?

So i should still drop it to 70% when playing?

That is a good entry level to start with, you will also want to play around with Pre-Emptive vs. Reactive settings.  A lot of members are reporting good experiences running Reactive, especially on PS4.  XB1 seems to be mixed, and I personally have done testing with both and neither is heads and tails better for me in most categories, but my internet isn't the best.

When you get more comfortable, you can try the tips in this thread as they have recently been tested and found to have a significant improvement for a lot of us.  Warning, this is a little more advanced, so if you are brand new, maybe wait a bit before jumping into the deep end.

YMMV,

JD

That is a good entry level to start with, you will also want to play around with Pre-Emptive vs. Reactive settings.  A lot of members are reporting good experiences running Reactive, especially on PS4.  XB1 seems to be mixed, and I personally have done testing with both and neither is heads and tails better for me in most categories, but my internet isn't the best.

When you get more comfortable, you can try the tips in this thread as they have recently been tested and found to have a significant improvement for a lot of us.  Warning, this is a little more advanced, so if you are brand new, maybe wait a bit before jumping into the deep end.

YMMV,

JD

I read the that reactive is for 60mps or more. idk if that matters. also i noticed on my geofilter, "peer ping" and "strict mode" are not checked. what do these features do and should i have them checked?

why am  i not getting any info on the host. In the videos i watched prior to buying. It showed that you can see the hosts location. All i see is a bunch of red circles, how can i tell which is the host? and why is there nothing showing up in the Deny & Allow section? no white circles

I read the that reactive is for 60mps or more. idk if that matters. also i noticed on my geofilter, "peer ping" and "strict mode" are not checked. what do these features do and should i have them checked?

Those were early estimations, and they are more of the generic, out of the box type of settings.  As the product is being put to more and more use, across more and more sample games, we are constantly trying to refine them with current data.  Test them both, regardless of your speed, you may find something that works even better.

'Peer Ping' is a neat little toy that Iain and the boys added.  This will give you a bar chart with the average ping, in game, of those you are playing against.  I personally don't use it, because I have a small case of OCD and every time something weird happened, I would look over for some "offending cause" at the Peer Ping graph.  Use at your own gaming risk....LOL

'Strict Mode' - This is important.  The Geo Filter is a suggestion.  You are circling an area and you are saying "NetDuma, I would LIKE to have my host in this area as it's close to where I want to play/where I live".  The 'Strict' mode says you ONLY want games hosted inside that filter IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.  BO3 has some issues because of the locations of the large dedicated server banks, so at times this will fuck with the Geo Filter and the strict setting.

Basic idea:  If you have good games inside the Geo Filter, and you don't want to play halfway around the world or have your buddy 3 time zones away host, leave 'STRICT' ticked and make your Geo-Filter a decent size to be able to accept game hosts outside just a dedicated bank.

What browser are you using?  Chrome is the preferred browser.

Edit:  Deny and Allow will be populated by you. :D  When you rate a host, that host will get a white circle in the red, black or green section based on the numeric value you assigned.  Move sliders to allow games from hosts that have that rating or higher.  I.E., if you want only P2P hosts that you have rated well, give them all a 90+ rating and move your red slider up to 89.  This will tragically reduce your number of available hosts, but it will give you connections to hosts you like.

why am  i not getting any info on the host. In the videos i watched prior to buying. It showed that you can see the hosts location. All i see is a bunch of red circles, how can i tell which is the host? and why is there nothing showing up in the Deny & Allow section? no white circles

The biggest circle is the host

If all the circles are the same size your the host.

And as JD said you fill in the deny / allow for P2P hosts you get,just remember you can't rate dedi's or block them.

And the way to tell if your on a dedi is there will be no update button on your host filtering page where you would normally rate the host.Or the other way is look in the right hand corner of your TV / monitor and there will be a set of numbers and if there is the letter e after the numbers your on a dedi.

Archived