turbo mode glitch in latest firmware

hey guys hopefully lain or fraser read this but i tried turbo mode for the first time and all settings for some reason were gone when i went to untick it and devices i named were also forgotten so i will keep it uncheck just letting you guys know incase someone has the same issue...

hey guys hopefully lain or fraser read this but i tried turbo mode for the first time and all settings for some reason were gone when i went to untick it and devices i named were also forgotten so i will keep it uncheck just letting you guys know incase someone has the same issue...

You probably have already but it needs to be asked anyway, have you tried factory resetting your Netduma R1 in Settings > Miscellenous to see if this resolves your issue?

I make it a rule that after any firmware update to factory reset any/all my hardware devices (if they allow it), including my Netduma R1.

Hopefully firmware version 1.03.6 which is in the works sorts this issue for you when it releases. :)

You probably have already but it needs to be asked anyway, have you tried factory resetting your Netduma R1 in Settings > Miscellenous to see if this resolves your issue?

I make it a rule that after any firmware update to factory reset any/all my hardware devices (if they allow it), including my Netduma R1.

Hopefully firmware version 1.03.6 which is in the works sorts this issue for you when it releases. :)

Im a little confused again. Sorry not trying to be a pain and not stalking you, or am I? Anyway if you factory reset after you upgrade the firmware doesn't it put you back to the firmware the thing came with?

Im a little confused again. Sorry not trying to be a pain and not stalking you, or am I? Anyway if you factory reset after you upgrade the firmware doesn't it put you back to the firmware the thing came with?

You and nobody else here ever stalks/bothers me bro, if I can help and answer something I will, we are Netduma brothers. /Nerdtalk.

See when we upgrade firmware we tell the router to keep settings, so if anything changes even a few lines of code from one fw to another it in theory could change behaviour of the R1, factory resetting lets us wipe everything, settings wise and reconfigure everything based on the newer fw.

You and nobody else here ever stalks/bothers me bro, if I can help and answer something I will, we are Netduma brothers. /Nerdtalk.

See when we upgrade firmware we tell the router to keep settings, so if anything changes even a few lines of code from one fw to another it in theory could change behaviour of the R1, factory resetting lets us wipe everything, settings wise and reconfigure everything based on the newer fw.

but if it wipes everything don't you need to put new firmware after factory reset? I get the factory reset and what it do but everything or most the computer harware I work with resorts to the factory firmware when I factory reset. That is why I ask. Thank You!

but if it wipes everything don't you need to put new firmware after factory reset? I get the factory reset and what it do but everything or most the computer harware I work with resorts to the factory firmware when I factory reset. That is why I ask. Thank You!

New fw adds new features, changes how router works, when you keep previous settings (you're asked to when upgrading the fw versions on the R1) from older fw it can cause some hiccups, this isn't just for the R1, people perform the famous "30-30-30" which wipes cache from other routers after a fw upgrade all the time.

Factory reset doesn't take the fw back to older fw versions, just a state where the settings are set to default (likely not optimised), then the user will configure from a fresh state.

This seems like a strange issue, haven't seen this before. Thanks for letting us know, will keep an eye out for it when I test the next upgrade!

Confirming it is an issue , I accidently clicked it the other week , removed it after I realised and all my settings were gone :o

• Administrators

Confirming it is an issue , I accidently clicked it the other week , removed it after I realised and all my settings were gone :o

Great thanks, I will test this thoroughly on the new upgrade to see if it is present

Archived