PS4 Speed Test with Netduma?

tyler_rose2891

Hey guys.  I'm a new addition to the NetDuma Army.  I'll start off by saying I live in the Southeastern US with Charter Spectrum cable internet.  I have 60 down, 3 up and on speed tests I can generally get right about that much, maybe even upwards of 4 on the upload.  That being said, when I used to do speed tests on my ps4 with my Netgear router and the PS4 hardwired to one of the gigabit ports, I would average about 27-30 download and right around 3 on the upload.  Now with the Netduma it seems I'm having the games of my life and keeping pings right around 25-30 but my speed tests on the PS4 now indicate I'm only getting around 10-15 download and about 1.8-2.0 upload.  Maybe one of my settings are wrong?  Or could it be the PS4 is just inaccurate?  I've read the PS4 speed tests are not at all accurate.  Any insight into this or solutions would be appreciated.  

My modem is the Sb6120.  No bandwidth limits set to other devices as i'm the only one awake when I game. All the options are set to default except of course for my geofilter and ping limit.  And when I say ping spike it probably can't really be considered a ping spike as it goes from around 25 up to about 40.  Maybe this is normal and the PS4 really just is inaccurate.

Just follow the wiki guides, triple check everything.  those pings are fairly good, I hit my favorite server at 17-33 but sometimes with laggers it will spike to 50 and drop just as fast and I don't really notice. another thing is adjusting your sliders based on the bufferbloat test instead of just the default 70%.  Mine actually does best when it's 64%.  I am having periodic speed issues. My netgear which is behind my netduma will see normal speeds from 90-118Mbps with or without traffic.  With the netduma I periodically see drops as low as 2-50Mbps I am waiting on a 1on1.  From what I;ve seen here lately ALOT of people are having the same or very similar issues even after 1on1.  

Hey guys.  I'm a new addition to the NetDuma Army.  I'll start off by saying I live in the Southeastern US with Charter Spectrum cable internet.  I have 60 down, 3 up and on speed tests I can generally get right about that much, maybe even upwards of 4 on the upload.  That being said, when I used to do speed tests on my ps4 with my Netgear router and the PS4 hardwired to one of the gigabit ports, I would average about 27-30 download and right around 3 on the upload.  Now with the Netduma it seems I'm having the games of my life and keeping pings right around 25-30 but my speed tests on the PS4 now indicate I'm only getting around 10-15 download and about 1.8-2.0 upload.  Maybe one of my settings are wrong?  Or could it be the PS4 is just inaccurate?  I've read the PS4 speed tests are not at all accurate.  Any insight into this or solutions would be appreciated.

Hi welcome to the forum, if you are speed testing through the PS4 your speeds will be a lot lower. If you are wired to the NetDuma do a speed test using a speed tester like DSL Reports. Put the sliders at 100% and do it a couple of times.

Put the speeds you get into the bandwith and make sure you have the correct options ticked.

There is a good guide in the wiki to get your optimum speeds. :)

If your getting great games with the way you have the settings at the minute write those settings down before you adjust stuff. Have you tried pre-emptive and 100% cc to test? I can't be sure about ps but on the xbox the test server is in Seattle so it won't give you accurate results best using your computer and speedtest.net with a server close to you to get your best speeds. DSL will test your bufferbloat mainly with speeds secondary that uses servers further from your location aswell as a server close to and compares all the results to give you an accurate result for speeds.

• Netduma Staff

Hey, welcome to the forum :)

As you said, the PS4 speed test isn't accurate, so don't worry about what it says. You should do the speed tests through a wired PC connected to the Netduma.

Also make sure you are on the latest version (1.03.5m) :)

Archived