Cannot connect to Internet with BT HH5 to R1

• Netduma Staff

Thanks both I'll have a go later. 

Crossy, you say you have modem > HH > Netduma but the HH5 has built in modem doesn't it? Is that where I'm going wrong?

Do I need to configure the modem in the HH or something?

My situation might be slightly different. I have FTTP (fibre to premises) so I need a BT modem to handle the fibre input. If you have DSL, you should be fine just using the HH without the modem :)

I see yes I have FTTC.

From what I recall I think internet was lost when I unplugged the ethernet cable from the PC into the HH and plugged it into the netduma.

Am I right to connect the ethernet from the PC to the Netduma afterwards?

• Netduma Staff

I see yes I have FTTC.

From what I recall I think internet was lost when I unplugged the ethernet cable from the PC into the HH and plugged it into the netduma.

Am I right to connect the ethernet from the PC to the Netduma afterwards?

Yeah, that sounds right. There is a guide here for HH5 with the Netduma. I'm not sure how much that helps :)

Thanks Crossy, Yes I did see the guide and was hoping it would be that simple but wasn't to be!

I'll get round to plugging on the HH probably at the weekend as my wife was strongly against me disconnecting the internet last night as she was using her ipad!

I'll let you know how I get on!

Many Thanks

I tried for 2 hours to connect only the HH with no luck whatsoever. I then dug out my original ISP Plusnet router and within 5 minutes I connected to the internet no problems.

On the plusnet router I've switched off wireless and assigned DMZ to the Netduma (192.168.1.64). I've also switched off  upnp on the plusnet.

Are there any other settings you can think of I switch off on the plusnet router?

Many Thanks guys I'm happy I've got internet working and with pppoe only on the plusnet router  :)

• Administrators

I tried for 2 hours to connect only the HH with no luck whatsoever. I then dug out my original ISP Plusnet router and within 5 minutes I connected to the internet no problems.

On the plusnet router I've switched off wireless and assigned DMZ to the Netduma (192.168.1.64). I've also switched off  upnp on the plusnet.

Are there any other settings you can think of I switch off on the plusnet router?

Many Thanks guys I'm happy I've got internet working and with pppoe only on the plusnet router  :)

I think you're good to go in regards to plusnet settings! Happy to hear you're all good to go now :) 

Well done Z & Crossy :)

• Netduma Staff

Good to here that you've got it sorted :) No, I don't think there are any other settings you need to change on the PlusNet router.

Archived