Astro A40 mic problem?

procreate

man, i am do not impressed with astros at this point. first headphones EVER i have bought that just dont work at all like they should. cant say i want to further support the company at this point.

EDIT: these arent even for me, i got them as a xmas present for my son. how disappointing is it to give a gift that doesnt work at the basic level like it should, astro should be ASHAMED of themselves.

I can't say a bad word about my 50's or my 40's to be honest. I haven't used the 40's since before the adapters finally came out. I cut the xbox one headset that came with the system and soldered it to work with my 40's. Not sure if that's where the problem lies.

You obviously did a controller update after you plugged them in. It's too bad they're causing you so much trouble.

its not just me they are causing trouble for... the forum is loaded with people having same issues. unfortunately the people are too ignorant to complain about the right issue. they are blaming the noise gate, while annoying and poorly implemented in its settings isnt the problem, it is their gain staging is WAY too high. 

Then I wouldn't even question it and send them back. Your best bet would be to buy an older mixamp, antlion or mod mic and a great set of cans. There are tons of options for that out there. Mixamp would give you the surround and great headphones are just that.

Foe sure,the best gaming headset I've ever used actually the only one I've ever kept is the seen's pc 360's hooked to an triton mix amp.But the best set of cans I've ever use for gaming are audio technia AD700's with the same amp.

I know you want an all in one gaming headset for your son as it's just easier but that doesn't mean it's better.

Well if you still want an all in one gaming headset for your son,Best But had a sale on A-50's for 230 dollars last week.Not sure if it's still going on but might be worth checking into.

I've had this issue with the new astro a40 tr. It seems that if I turn on the mixamp before turning the Xbox on it won't assign the headset. I get sound, but the mic won't work.

I just turn the mixamp on when losing the game

Well if you still want an all in one gaming headset for your son,Best But had a sale on A-50's for 230 dollars last week.Not sure if it's still going on but might be worth checking into.

Where's the nearest Best But? I NEED to shop there.

what generation version of the mixamp pro do you have?  Is it the gen 2 version?  Also, how are you connecting the Astro's to the PS4?  I've had astro's since gen 1 (Astro A40) and haven't had a problem.  It was only when I had the gen 1 mixamp that I really couldn't use with the PS4.  Sound was very soft but it was do to the fact that the gen 1 mixamp was outdated.  I've switched to the gen2 mixamp pro and sound was perfect.  I've just recently (2 days ago) got the TR version and everything seems to be running fine.  Looking at the history of the mixamp, I've had a older version of the gen 1 mixamp.   The gen 1 was 1 year after I got my Astros.  LOL

post-253-0-53934300-1452620752.jpeg

post-253-0-21418100-1452620760.jpeg

post-253-0-79658700-1452620769.jpeg

what generation version of the mixamp pro do you have? Is it the gen 2 version? Also, how are you connecting the Astro's to the PS4? I've had astro's since gen 1 (Astro A40) and haven't had a problem. It was only when I had the gen 1 mixamp that I really couldn't use with the PS4. Sound was very soft but it was do to the fact that the gen 1 mixamp was outdated. I've switched to the gen2 mixamp pro and sound was perfect. I've just recently (2 days ago) got the TR version and everything seems to be running fine. Looking at the history of the mixamp, I've had a older version of the gen 1 mixamp. The gen 1 was 1 year after I got my Astros. LOL

Series 1 seems to be the best. That's what I used to use before my A50's and had no trouble to speak of.

Archived