Dedi Servers Blocked?

Hi all,

Are the dedi servers for BO3 blocked by default by the DUMA?

I am trying to connect to various dedi's across the globe, but cant seem to connect to them.

I note a lot of servers are shown as a Padlock symbol when starting up BO3 on the XB1. I am assuming these are dedi servers.

Can I unblock these servers by adding them to my allow list of will the default block rule take precedence?

Cheers :)

Interesting, so what are the padlock symbols that show up on the map when starting up BO3?

I was under the impression that these were dedi servers?

I have not tried starting up BO3 with the GeoFilter off initially.

Will give it a try.

Interesting, so what are the padlock symbols that show up on the map when starting up BO3?

I was under the impression that these were dedi servers?

I have not tried starting up BO3 with the GeoFilter off initially.

Will give it a try.

you are correct those padlocks are potential host that are out of your GF range

Yes the padlocks will always show for a minute and yes they are dedi's i.e. potential hosts.

Now I'm confused lol the issue your having is not being able to connect to any servers,even with in your GF ?

I can connect fine to servers that are inside my GF settings.

What I am trying to do is connect to dedi servers in different countries.

Such as France and Germany. But if I put my home location in either France or Germany, I will always connect to a UK host. I am in the UK.

Are you waiting for 2 minutes after disconnecting from the UK server ?

There is an anti cheat feature on the duma.So this means you need to be completely disconnected from the previous host for 2 minutes.So after you get done with a match on the UK server if you immediately move your home and try to find a game in Germany,it will still connect you to the UK dedi due to the anti cheat feature.

Ive tried it all.

Ive waited well over 2 mins. Usually 5 to make sure.

Put home over the whole of Germany. UK out of range, PA = 0 and Strict ON.

BO3 will sit there for ages and not find a game. All I see on the Geo Filter is Padlocks or Triangle Warning icons being displayed in the UK or US. But oddly nowhere else, except for one Triangle placed in the Ocean off the coast of Nambia!. Non in Europe.

See this image

e8bWgkS.png

I tried what fuzzy suggested with having the Geo Filter off when turning on the XBOX One. I also leave it off until BO3 has been fully loaded.

I have also tried PA = 25ms. Still wont find a game.

Seems like my Geo Filter is not working correctly.

My base ping is 14ms to 8.8.8.8

Same happens to me, apparently the servers showing up are ps4 servers, even if I set my location to where you have yours in your last pic I still won't get onto any of the servers shown around France and Germany, is there a e in the top right of your screen when in a lobby? If not your still not on a dedi, all I can get on which shows on the map is Ireland's server or something showing up in the us and both are inconsistent, the game is shit poor connection I turn it off now as nothing works on that game for me and trust me I've tried everything

Same happens to me, apparently the servers showing up are ps4 servers, even if I set my location to where you have yours in your last pic I still won't get onto any of the servers shown around France and Germany, is there a e in the top right of your screen when in a lobby? If not your still not on a dedi, all I can get on which shows on the map is Ireland's server or something showing up in the us and both are inconsistent, the game is shit poor connection I turn it off now as nothing works on that game for me and trust me I've tried everything

I am on XBOX One. I have never seen the e after the network version when in a lobby on the XBOX One.

However, for xmas, my kind wife got me a PS4 with BO3! Last night was the first time I played BO3 on the PS4. And there was a noted difference.

I need to give a little background info before I continue with this story.

My main XBOX One resides in my office above my restaurant. I own a seasonal business and am closed most of the winter, but spend a lot of time in the office during the winter dealing with business related things that I simply dont have time for during the silly season.

I also play a lot of games on the XBOX One and PC during the winter both at home and in the office. But the majority of my gaming is done in the office.

My NETDUMA is currently setup on one of my FTTC connections at the office, this FTTC connection is used SOLELY for gaming. This connection gives a rock solid 74mbps down and 18mbps up, with a ping of 14ms to 8.8.8.8

The way I have things connected is as follows. 

DrayTek Vigor 130 VDSL Modem ----> NETDUMA ----> XBOX One.

All connected via Ethernet, no wireless going on here, apart from the Mac connected to the NETDUMA via Wi-Fi to change settings and keep an eye on what the Geo Filter is doing. Its worth mentioning that the Wi-Fi connection to the NETDUMA from the Mac is not using any external (WAN) bandwidth, the Mac is connected to another router with a different FTTC connection via Ethernet, OSX will always use the Ethernet connection over the Wi-Fi connection for any WAN related tasks unless you tell it otherwise. So I know that the Mac is not using bandwidth while connected to the NETDUMA.

Now, at home I also have a FTTC connection, but it is not anywhere near as quick as my office connection. Thats why I do most of my gaming from the office!

At home I get 25mbps down and 4.5mbps up with a ping of 18ms to 8.8.8.8

Considering where my home is, thats an amazing connection, trust me!

My home connection uses a ASUS RT-AC66U connected to a modded HG612 Openreach modem. My PS4 is connected WIRELESSLY to the ASUS router.

So to continue with the story.

Last night I fired up the PS4 at home and started seeing what BO3 is like on the PS4. First things, the graphics are superior to the XB1, much smoother and more detailed. But thats not what we are talking about here!

What I did notice is that all the lobbies I connected to last night did indeed have the e after the network version. And you know what, it played flawlessly all night long. No lag and hit detection was spot on. So what does this all mean?

Personally I think its the servers, maybe the PS4 servers are better than the XBOX servers. Maybe there are less players on the PS4 servers. Who knows for sure.

I have no idea as to the location of the servers I was connected to last night on the PS4 as my ASUS router is nothing like the NETDUMA.

What I can tell you that the BO3 connection monitor talks out of its arse. Like I said, the minimum ping I have EVER seen at home is 18ms to 8.8.8.8 or bbc.co.uk, using a wired connection to the router. But last night BO3 connection monitor was showing pings of 14ms, 15, 16 and 17ms. Simply NOT possible. I would expect to see some added latency due to the fact that the PS4 is connected wirelessly to the router. From my own experience as a network engineer before opening a restaurant, with home based routers, you are going to see an addition of around 1 to 2ms latency within the LAN when using Wi-Fi. So the absolutle minimum the BO3 connection monitor should have been reporting is around the 20ms mark. I would take what the BO3 connection monitor says with a pinch of salt!

More testing is needed here, what I am going to do today is connect the XBOX One to the other router (not a DUMA) on the other FTTC connection in the office. I dont know if this e thing is specific to PS4 only. Does it also show on the XBOX One when in a dedicated lobby?

I will also be bringing my PS4 over to the office and connect it to the NETDUMA to see how it behaves.

But the biggest shock for me was the excellent gameplay I was getting last night on a PS4, using a wireless connection to a fairly slow FTTC connection. I have no clue why it was a better experience.

But now I am search of this e, the magic magic e!

Reminds me of my primary school years. If your from the UK and are between 30 to 40 yers old then you must remember the Magic Magic E!

See here to jog your memory! ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-Gq17O-HRc

Just tested the XBOX One on a non DUMA router. And YES the magic e is indeed shown!

I will play on the XBXO One for a while with this e showing and report my findings later.

Ive tried it all.

Ive waited well over 2 mins. Usually 5 to make sure.

Put home over the whole of Germany. UK out of range, PA = 0 and Strict ON.

BO3 will sit there for ages and not find a game. All I see on the Geo Filter is Padlocks or Triangle Warning icons being displayed in the UK or US. But oddly nowhere else, except for one Triangle placed in the Ocean off the coast of Nambia!. Non in Europe.

See this image

e8bWgkS.png

I tried what fuzzy suggested with having the Geo Filter off when turning on the XBOX One. I also leave it off until BO3 has been fully loaded.

I have also tried PA = 25ms. Still wont find a game.

Seems like my Geo Filter is not working correctly.

My base ping is 14ms to 8.8.8.8

Same is happening to me since the beginnig. No games found if I cover the entire Germany and France. Only server Im connecting shows in Ireland and to be more accurate two servers are showing there.

I have this issue all the time when I make tweaks to the settings.

This is how I fixed it and I do not know how it fixed it haha!

Settings > misc > click turbo and stealth on or off depending how yours are set then right away turn them back to how they were. this has an instant effect and I do not know why it works... it just works and I find games instant.

Let me know if you have any success!

Well, the game plays 10 times better when the magic e is being shown after the network version.

Consistent games, 54 - 7, 48 -14 etc etc.

It seems we need an option to allow these magic e servers.

Can a staff member comment on these findings please?

Well, the game plays 10 times better when the magic e is being shown after the network version.

Consistent games, 54 - 7, 48 -14 etc etc.

It seems we need an option to allow these magic e servers.

Can a staff member comment on these findings please?

That magic e is nothing to do with the Netduma, that is to do with the servers the game is assigning you to and that will all depend on demand of the servers around the world!

That magic e is nothing to do with the Netduma, that is to do with the servers the game is assigning you to and that will all depend on demand of the servers around the world!

Yes, I am fully aware of what the magic e is.

And to say its nothing to do with the DUMA is entirely incorrect. As it blocks these servers by default. And it has not been made clear if they can be unblocked.

I am not by any means saying the NETDUMA does not work, because it does exactly what its supposed to do with other games. Just with BO3, things seem a little different and I dont think anyone really knows why.

All I know is this, when that magic e is showing when in lobbies, I dominate, plain and simple!

In fact, the simple solution here is to remove the XBOX from the Geo Filter service entirely. Then there is no problem, but again, I stress that this seems to be thr only way forward for me at least, with BO3. Other titles are fine, Ghosts for example.

The only other way to get a real result is to force host. However, that only works about 80% of the time, and if you do manage to be host, sometimes lag compensation causes big problems and you might as well be on a Australian host.

Archived