Black Ops 3 Issues

Netduma Fraser

• Administrators

Hi everyone, 

I realise a lot of you seem to have issues with the game, whether that be connecting to hosts outside your radius, being booted, lag etc. 

I want to thank you for being patient. This is a massive game for everyone including myself so I realise how frustrating it can be when it doesn't work correctly. 

Lag:

Some of you are experiencing a lot of lag, this game is massive and has a HUGE player base, therefore the likely hood that dedicated servers are getting hammered is high. This can lead to lag especially during peak hours. I'm not trying to shift any blame here just something to keep in mind - it's still early days!

Make sure you all have your congestion control settings set up to eliminate any local congestion. That means 70/70 sliders and prioritising your console. 

Ensure you have your Geo-filter set up to avoid far away hosts - strict off, PA at 0 etc. I realise some of you may be connecting outside your radius, more on that below. 

Booting:

Some of you are experiencing booting issues, such as in parties or after games have ended. Are you seeing anything being blocked when this occurs? 

Make sure to add your friends to the allow list as well.

With strict mode off does the issue still occur? If it does do you see anything getting blocked? If no then it could be an issue with the game. 

I would recommend disabling the Geo-filter once you're in a game if you are experiencing this. If you still get booted then it is definitely a game issue. 

Hosts outside your radius:

After initially seeing this I thought maybe there was an issue with the cloud update I put out, however I have checked this and it doesn't seem like it could be an issue. Just to check though try auto cloud without bleeding edge and see if it still occurs. 

Ensure you have strict on & pa at 0 and make sure your device says 'disable' is the issue still occurring?

I will work with Iain tomorrow to ascertain what may be causing this issue.

----------------------------------

We will continue to work hard on this to see what is causing the issues and will try to continually optimise the game but we need your help!

I realise many of you are frustrated however it is harder for me to help when there are 10+ threads about BO3's performance with the router. Please if you are having issues post in this thread along with IDs as this will make it much easier for me to see what is happening. I can not stress this enough.

We need ID's to help improve the cloud. 

This includes:

• Mis located servers
  • Anything that is being blocked when getting booted - especially with strict off, we somewhat expect some booting with strict on. If strict is getting you games but causes booting at the end this is something we need to know. 
  • IDs of servers you're getting outside your radius. 
  • IDs you think could be dedicated servers

Don't be wary of posting too many IDs, I'd rather you posted 100 IDs where only 10 are useful compared to 5 where none are (even though 100 IDs would take a long time to ascertain their use haha). 

Please copy and paste the IDs rather than taking screenshots of them.

As always we want to continually improve the experience for everyone, we're not happy unless you are. I hope this thread doesn't come across too badly we just want to provide a quality service and this would really help us do so. 

If you could also help spread this thread to the individual threads about BO3 that would be really helpful, thank you. 

Im having huge issues with the lag on BO3. Shooting first and not getting kills. I took strict mode off and ping assist is off. I also did the cloud update. It really seems far behind. I haven't played for awhile but when I used it for AW it always worked awesome. Any solutions? Thanks  P.S. I also double checked my congestion control too its set at 84% for my ps4 and 5% for my other stuff divided by three.

So let me write about my experience...

Furstbof all an from Cyprus, so i put my home near Greece and a range of 1500km

So as now, what i noticed

When i am in a party, usually i get connected outside of my range and i have a lot of luck

When am playing alone, its seems that 50% of the games its blocking every one until i get the host, and after it's connecting other players on the party.. So when its like that i have good game

At the other half, at the other 50% i get connected outside of my range, and i have terrible luck..

Hi Fraser,

I am in Melbourne, Australia I am getting lobby(not much lag as such) but when I am playing in party my all friend including me getting one bar ping and getting booted from lobby. I was doing beastly in COD AW and I am one of the happy customer of Netduma but BO3 is just forced me to write to you.

Here are details scenarios:

Scenarios 1: Me + 2 friend in party[Strict mode is On]

A. Long wait to find game then I am kicked my friend is still in lobby.

Scenarios 2: Me + 2 friend in party[Strict mode is off]

Found game then one friend will be in game and playing and 2 of us got kicked as soon as game starts.

Found game all are in the game started playing got kicked before game ends.

Found game lot people from overseas me and my all friends are one(Red) bar not kicked but lost match badly as bullets not registering.

(Check my internet from Netduma its Exceptional)

Hope this will help you to improve Neduma service according to Black ops 3. I understand its new games and neduma crew will soon make this work for us as before. Gud luck.

Regards,

Ramakant

The game just came out, of course there will be some problems. It has been the same way for years.

Remember BO1 and BO2 at the beginning, it was way worse than it is now.

From what I see, most problems are server-side or bugs in the game (getting kicked out of a party, etc.), so let some time to Treyarch to fix things and everything will run smoothly.

We already have a huge advantage with Netduma, with congestion control and geo filter, and I personnaly don't have so many bad games right now.

Anyway, great job team, I'm sure this year will be awesome :)

Like GJP said, the game just came out and believe me this might be the worst release COD has done that I have seen and I have been paying since WaW.

I don't blame any of the extreme lag I have got playing BO3 on Netduma at all, its all server side and Microsoft has been having issues also.

I also want to say that with my tweaks I have been having some awesome games.

This is my setup:

Modem>R1>XBOX ONE.  (50down5up) but it peaks higher so in Netduma I put my bandwidth as 60/10.

I only have my console, laptop and sometimes phone connected to the R1 with 90% to the xbox and 10 split to the other two.

I have it set to reactive right now but have used preemptive with no noticeable difference.

Congestion control is set to 8% down and 100% up. Verified working through xbox diagnostics.

MTU was set to auto before (I think 1495) but then I set it to 1364 but had issues getting in a lobby. (could be server issues)

Now set to 1375 with very good results.

My Geo filter is set for 419 miles near los angeles and ping assist is set to 35ms.

Overall the issues going on are most likely server related and not the Netduma router, that just doesn't make any sense.

If anyone knows of any other tweaks I can do to make the connection better please let me know.

If you try my settings and you are in California, let me know how they worked for you.