Lag issue

Alex49H

ziocomposite the host can be identified by the following:

• If there is one big circle, then that guy is host
  • If there is lots of big circles then you are host
  • If there is no big circle then its a dedicated server

Am I the host in this scenario? When I quit I did not see host migration. I have geofilter disabled as it is the same scenario but smaller space. I'm also have a 3-4 bar fluctuating in match.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the host in this scenario?

Are there any other larger circles when you soom out to world map?

Id suggest the 1 circle that doesnt change size is the host.

In my situations the circles bounce liek that when the game is deciding a host.

To be honest, I can never tell who the host is, the big circle always goes away.

The thing is what my video shows is what I see most of the time. Either I can ping most people in the room or I can't ping anybody so don't know who the host is.

The thing is what my video shows is what I see most of the time. Either I can ping most people in the room or I can't ping anybody so don't know who the host is.

i have exsact same thing like video above and it goes like this at the whole game and even wheni jon in mid game to a game that is already going on i have this kind of stuff on my geofilter always on strict mode i will test today with out strict mode

That is very stange, next time it happens can you get me the ping and the bandwidth monitor please. Its always better to deal with numbers. If you get the occasional very rare bad game thats probably just a bad host. But if its consistent that should not be happening and we can help you resolve it. 

so is it normal that since i updated to.6 every single time i have exact as the video above posted by ziocomposite i have that every single game no matter if i join mid game or before the game it never changes

Guest Netduma_Iain

Its hard to say its either:

1. You're on a dedicated server and you're seeing people talking
  2. You're host

Hence why I need to make it clearer lol! Why are people outside your filter by the way? Had you just shrunk the range or disabled it?

Its hard to say its either:

• You're on a dedicated server and you're seeing people talking
  • You're host
Hence why I need to make it clearer lol! Why are people outside your filter by the way? Had you just shrunk the range or disabled it?

I magnified the map & disabled the filter to better show what I see when Geo is enabled but usually more clustered.

Much appreciated on the upcoming changes.

Ok sure, well next time you game can you pay attention to it and let me know. If you're seeing pings of say above 40(maybe 30) then can you go to the "Network Monitor" and take a screenshot please. It must be at the same time though or its not useful.

Thank-you!

PS The game must have geo-filter of less than 600km please :)

Yeah I'm seeing high ping as well. I'm getting 60-80 ping Not sure if this is because of att ...but I ping around 80 on the Xbox test and those servers are in the pacific northwest. I'm in Texas. This is on MCC. I don't play AW..tempted to buy it but I remember the times I've got burned by cod. I'll probably end up buying black ops 2. On another note has anyone set black ops 2 to local match making and seeing where the host is with the geo off? 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok mate we don't official support MCC but it has been working for other people including ourselves. Have you got strict mode disabled? If so please enable and it should get better for you. Your distance sounds pretty big as well is there a reason for that?

My ping to a couple host in game within 600km was the same ping I get to microsoft servers 3000km away on a test ran on xbox is what I was saying lol. I've also pinged a bunch of bf4 pc servers located in Dallas and they were always around 30ms. Maybe it's not fair to compare some dudes internet to dedicated servers but I did not expect pings to be that high. I'll try strict mode when I get on today.

Strict mode should make a big difference. 

Yeah it did. I got into a couple games last night with it off where i would get the nade throwing animation and no grenade. It would appear a couple seconds later. Good games today only issue is i can't ping most of the time i keep getting a error

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok I realised I made a mistake in the last cloud. You guys should start to see a big difference within 4 hours from now. 

Ok I realised I made a mistake in the last cloud. You guys should start to see a big difference within 4 hours from now.

is this something to do with uk also

Archived