Successor Netduma R1?

2 hours ago, Puinsai said:

Chances to have a successor netduma r1 with better performance at system level cpu and memory? the netduma r1 is old generation it needs a refresh and improvement? what to think? thank you

Yes I would like to see an R2 or whatever they want to call it. But in my opinion the R1 was and still is beast. Better than the QOS and and the OS we have now. Yes the OS is fancy and pretty to look at and easy to use. But the old software in my opinion ran better and you can adjust to the game connections (I.E. dail your connection in better with the Anti-blufferbloat sliders). A lot probably has to do with this current cod. But an intertwining of the two would've been better. Still no other company has anything like this on the market

Just now, purpleandgold33 said:

Yes I would like to see an R2 or whatever they want to call it. But in my opinion the R1 was and still is beast. Better than the QOS and and the OS we have now. Yes the OS is fancy and pretty to look at and easy to use. But the old software in my opinion ran better and you can adjust to the game connections (I.E. dail your connection in better with the Anti-blufferbloat sliders). A lot probably has to do with this current cod. But an intertwining of the two would've been better. Still no other company has anything like this on the market

42 minutes ago, Puinsai said:

Chances to have a successor netduma r1 with better performance at system level cpu and memory? the netduma r1 is old generation it needs a refresh and improvement? what to think? thank you

If or when an R2 or whatever they call it is released I have every faith it will be as good as the R1 and better than the XR500/700. The reason being as it will be developed by Netduma and not have Netgear software running underneath dumaOS which is the case at the moment with XR500/700. Netgear hardware is good, but I find their firmware to be sh!te. 

Have a great new year :D :D :D

9 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

If or when an R2 or whatever they call it is released I have every faith it will be as good as the R1 and better than the XR500/700. The reason being as it will be developed by Netduma and not have Netgear software running underneath dumaOS which is the case at the moment with XR500/700. Netgear hardware is good, but I find their firmware to be sh!te. 

Have a great new year :D :D :D

Yep, agreed, cause these dudes are gamers and they know what we need! Netgear is good but they are a huge company, and we all know what happens when companies get huge. They tend to forget about there customers and what got them to the top. I still have the Nighthawk R7000 and it still works fine. So I couldn't justify spending money to get the new duma software when we just had to wait a couple of months to get it free. Which turned into more like a year. But whatever. I don't use the wifi on the R1 anyways so no sense in getting the other router.