Incredibly slow pulling up host details when you click on them?

ChrisCohen

When you click on a host to identify them, it used to be instant on the old firmware, but when using DumaOS, it can take up to 12 seconds to bring up any host information to then be able to allow or deny them. Is there something I am doing wrong?

• Administrators

Hi Chris - the Ping graph loads once sufficient ping data has been received. With something like a server, this is very quick, but it can be a little slower with other players (e.g. your friends etc.)

10 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Hi Chris - the Ping graph loads once sufficient ping data has been received. With something like a server, this is very quick, but it can be a little slower with other players (e.g. your friends etc.)

Thank you, is there a reason that with other players on the previous version it was instant, but now it's not? Is more data being loaded? Is there a way I can reduce the amount of info I'm requesting, so I can just click on them and have salient info immediately?

• Administrators

There's nothing you can do on your own side, but I've added this idea to our Roadmap as we could reduce the time needed for the ping graph to load. It's the first time someone has suggested this, but it's something we should be able to do.

Just now, Netduma Admin said:

There's nothing you can do on your own side, but I've added this idea to our Roadmap as we could reduce the time needed for the ping graph to load. It's the first time someone has suggested this, but it's something we should be able to do.

That's great. In the previous version (which I'm sure you're aware as it's your kit!) you could just click on the host circle and immediately see the Mac address and name the host/allo wthe host/deny the host within seconds. That 12 second delay now is often so long you can't properly identify the player before they've either left matchmaking or already joined the game in progress.

Just to add to this...when in zoom mode.. with ping host turned on it brings up an error message. As auto ping is hosted would like to zoom in and out of the map with out no errors. even when in a game.  

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, ChrisCohen said:

That's great. In the previous version (which I'm sure you're aware as it's your kit!) you could just click on the host circle and immediately see the Mac address and name the host/allo wthe host/deny the host within seconds. That 12 second delay now is often so long you can't properly identify the player before they've either left matchmaking or already joined the game in progress.

Makes sense. I've passed it onto the devs and added to the Roadmap too. Thanks for letting us know.

3 minutes ago, flexingjohn said:

Just to add to this...when in zoom mode.. with ping host turned on it brings up an error message. As auto ping is hosted would like to zoom in and out of the map with out no errors. even when in a game.  

Do you mean when you click to zoom in the disable Auto Ping pops up? We can change that if so, can see how that's not user friendly

5 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Makes sense. I've passed it onto the devs and added to the Roadmap too. Thanks for letting us know.

Do you mean when you click to zoom in the disable Auto Ping pops up? We can change that if so, can see how that's not user friendly

if in a match and i want to zoom out and zoom in again but at a differnent zoom from x2 to x5, i get a error message popping up. So i need to un-tick the auto ping box and then zoom in again. its hard to explain as not at home. as i would send the screenshot. 

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, ChrisCohen said:

Great, thank you. Where can I see the roadmap?

I'm glad you asked Chris - we're hoping to release our roadmap publicly at some point, whether on our website or elsewhere. For the time being, we're releasing our upgrades as 'Milestones' with all the information you need to understand the contents of each upgrade. We're still planning the best way to let you guys know what's on our roadmap for the future :)

2 hours ago, flexingjohn said:

if in a match and i want to zoom out and zoom in again but at a differnent zoom from x2 to x5, i get a error message popping up. So i need to un-tick the auto ping box and then zoom in again. its hard to explain as not at home. as i would send the screenshot. 

I think I get what you mean - this might be something we can try to replicate in our lab. We'll definitely check it out. Hopefully over time the zoom feature will be getting an upgrade anyway!