Honest Opinion/Answer? please

ViciousSavag3

so guys i have the R1 Netduma with Xfinity Gigabit plan. Lately my router will NOT give me over 100mbps even with QOS Disabled? So what does that mean? is the Router goin Badd/Faulty or should i just get another router? knowing the XR500/700 will do better for speeds? but what exactly does it mean on the R1 when is not gving me enough bandwidth? and also i know it sacrifices bandwidth for ping but still like i said it doesnt even give me close to 80mbps? is it goin badd?( R1) please honest answer/opinion? been having this router since 2015(maybe old?)

R1 cannot handle gigabit speeds, best you could possibly get is 800mbps. Are you testing wirelessly? If so then that maybe your problem. Do a wired test from a pc/laptop to get a more reliable result. I have all 3 routers but you should get 100mbps no sweat. Also what version FW is your R1 running?

I had the same issue when I was running the R1 and never did really figure it out honestly.  I just dealt with it cause gameplay was well worth it and tbh I wish I’d have stayed dealing with it cause speed and WiFi are the only things that have improved with the 500 and they’re not worth the headaches.   If duma os would have launched on time I’d still be on the R1 which honestly was probably why it didn’t. 

• Netduma Staff
16 hours ago, ViciousSavag3 said:

so guys i have the R1 Netduma with Xfinity Gigabit plan. Lately my router will NOT give me over 100mbps even with QOS Disabled? So what does that mean? is the Router goin Badd/Faulty or should i just get another router? knowing the XR500/700 will do better for speeds? but what exactly does it mean on the R1 when is not gving me enough bandwidth? and also i know it sacrifices bandwidth for ping but still like i said it doesnt even give me close to 80mbps? is it goin badd?( R1) please honest answer/opinion? been having this router since 2015(maybe old?)

In addition to what Big Dog said above, how are you testing your speeds? You need to be on a wired PC to get accurate results, and you'll need ALL devices connected to the Netduma R1.

- If you're on a PPPoE connection, you might not be able to reach 100mbps

- If you're using a VPN, your speeds will be drastically reduced due to the nature of VPN connections

- If you're testing over wireless, you'll only be able to hit 70mbps over the 2.4GHz band the R1 offers

I hope this helps!