bricked netduma trying to downgrade

Albeno

hey i think i bricked my netduma trying to downgrade. I followed every step on how to downgrade word for word. Im having the same problems everyone else who downgraded are having. I cant access my original duma r1 firmware homepage. I was on 1.3 milestone and didnt like it so i downloaded the original firmware and updated to it. everything was going great and then i got stuck on a spinning boot screen for 5 mins. i have already did the ipconfig and still no luck. Im wired via ethernet directly to my pc from my duma. I have internet access just cant get to the R1 homepage. How can you guys tell people they can downgrade back and then when they try it bricks their router. like WTH? Im extremely pissed.

• Administrators

Hi Albeno - please try accessing it using a different browser (so if you were using Chrome, please now try using Firefox). Make sure you are just typing in 192.168.88.1

Not a single person has bricked either upgrading or downgrading so far. It has been very well tested, so I'm confident you'll be ok.

33 minutes ago, Albeno said:

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Iā€™m extremely sorry. I tried internet explorer and it gave me access. Once again my bad guys.Ā 

Not a problem, it is easily done. When you access web pages the addresses are stored in the cache. If the router GUI completely changes for example like the R1 original OS and the dumaOS then the browser cannot detect the change sometimes. In future either use another browser as suggested above or clear the browser cache.

Follow these steps:

Ā 

2018-11-13 (3)_LI.jpg

2018-11-13 (4)_LI.jpg

2018-11-13 (5)_LI.jpg

2018-11-13 (6)_LI.jpg

2018-11-13 (7)_LI.jpg

8 minutes ago, Albeno said:

The lobbies. No matter what settings I used or changed I never got my geo filter and ping assist to work correctly. Been tested since it came out non stop.Ā 

The team are working to fix the server issue, it is down to new servers and server locations. Once the new server locations and ip's have been farmed and inputted into the cloud database it should resolve the issue.