Dedicated Server In South Australia?

SwiftCookie

Hey DumaFam!

I noticed in a photo that the devs posted, it showed  that there was a server in South Aus but I haven't seen it once yet. I live in Adelaide and thought I may have seen it by now. Anyone else seen it yet? 

Cheers! :D

40 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have your Geo-Filter over that server, then hard turn off the console, turn on and jump into the game it should force you to connect to the server

Tried that just now and no luck at all :(

0 Ping Assist.png

Untitled.png

Keeps making me join these Japanese  servers, about 5 of them I've blocked now. But the weird thing is that when I ping them they're only about 25ms ping. Way too low to actually be Japanese servers I think. After blocking all of them I can't find any games now, keeps trying to join them and then the R1 kicks me out of the lobbies. FYI 25ms is what I usually get when joining the Sydney dedicated server from Adelaide. I see that Adelaide server when I start up the game but I can't remember ever joining it in a lobby. Not sure what;s going on haha

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Turn ping assist to 0 then try again after hard turn off etc. 

Already have tried in that 1st picture 😕 This is where the Duma thinks the dedicated server is in South Australia upon start up of the game when it displays all dedi's. Something not right going on 😕 Also 1 time out of like 20 game start ups I saw the dedicated server in Adelaide for a split second. It appeared in Adelaide along with that random one In this picture here. 

Apparent Dedi SA.png

2 minutes ago, SturdyFugur said:

Adelaide is there, but doesn't show up every time you 'press a to start' 

adel1.PNG

adel2.PNG

Yeah In that second photo of yours I saw that dedicated server once out of numerous start ups. Only issue is, I've never joined a lobby on that server 😕 

16 minutes ago, SwiftCookie said:

Already have tried in that 1st picture 😕 This is where the Duma thinks the dedicated server is in South Australia upon start up of the game when it displays all dedi's. Something not right going on 😕 Also 1 time out of like 20 game start ups I saw the dedicated server in Adelaide for a split second. It appeared in Adelaide along with that random one In this picture here. 

Apparent Dedi SA.png

that middle of aus server can be blamed on blizzard, they have the location set there for Australia, Oceania. the traceroute went out past hong kong, so there's the ping time. 

I'd set the filter to cover both the SA and NSW servers. one 25-30ish ms ping vs 16ms (guessing) for the other dedi won't be the end of the world with the in game ping being 60+ 😀and i probably should do it to mine too. in bo3 i used to force the nsw one, and it didn't always find certain game types during low player population times. but of course, make it use the SA as much as you can since it's local for you!

Found it for the 2nd time upon start up. Still says my ping to the Adelaide dedi is 25ms. If I ping servers in Adelaide it's always about 5ms 😕 Weird. If it appears upon start up how come I've never joined it in game? It'd be awesome if I could connect to the server in Adelaide rather than the Sydney server all the time :P

Please explain it to me you beautiful DumaDevs :D

Adelaide Server.png

Adelaide Dedi Ping.png

16 minutes ago, SwiftCookie said:

Found it for the 2nd time upon start up. Still says my ping to the Adelaide dedi is 25ms. If I ping servers in Adelaide it's always about 5ms 😕 Weird. If it appears upon start up how come I've never joined it in game? It'd be awesome if I could connect to the server in Adelaide rather than the Sydney server all the time :P

Choopa/vultr who appear to be doing the dedi's are in sydney, which would probably explain that. Still have the adelaide location shown though. probably won't make a difference having sa/nsw in your filter, just hope you get the dedis 

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If it's within your radius and it wont connect then nothing to do with the router, maybe they only enable it under very heavy load. You should get a good game with any server in Aus as you'll get a good ping

Update***

Got onto the dedicated server in Adelaide tonight, it's absolute trash. There's no way that server is actually in Adelaide, my ping was like 130ms and the lobby was full of Asians. It's definitely a SEA server that's being miss located in Adelaide. Even the in game ping read as like 170ms 😕

31 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I tried forcing the server today but couldn't likely due to the time in Aus, will try again tomorrow. I'm systematically going through each server to double check them, will let you know what I find tomorrow.

Tonight was literally the first time I've seen the Adelaide dedi since owning a Duma, It was so painful to play on. I was so excited I had finally found a game on it haha But yeah either that server isn't actually in Adelaide or there's something terribly wrong with it. The fact that the lobby was full of Asain PSNs and my ping was about 130-140 on the R1 makes me think it's not in Adelaide 😕 If you manage to find a game on it let me know what you think :)