High Lag Spikes

• Netduma Staff
3 hours ago, CK_Lambda said:

Has anyone experienced high amounts of lag spikes from their router?  It seems that either the netduma is slowing me down or my ISP.  Working down the chain of command so ill contact here first.

Hi, welcome to the forum! Spikes almost always originate upstream in your network - so this is more than likely your ISP modem or your equipment. It could be a faulty Ethernet cable (and definitely try switching the one connecting your Modem to the Netduma). Could be a faulty modem, in which case you could grab another one for pretty cheap to test the theory. Or in a more serious case it could be your ISP line to your house, in which case only your ISP can take action to solve the issue.

The best way to test for spikes / jitter is to use Pingplotter. Download that and disconnect the Netduma - just test straight to your modem (with Twitter.com as your target URL) and check out your line quality. If you'd like some help interpreting the data, drop a screenshot of that test here and we'll take a look. I hope this helps!

1 hour ago, ViciousSavag3 said:

Hey there Jack or anyone out there i need Help on Solving whether is my isp line or the servers but ive been getting JITTER HOPS from 9ms to 35ms on Fiber Speeds also have the Netgear Cm1000 modem so idk wat could be the deal any ideas/help?

The CM1000 uses a Broadcom BCM3390 chipset so thats a good thing.

A guide on how to use ping plotter to check your line, you can test directly from the modem and then from modem/duma to make sure your network is ok.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/23881-ping-plotter-quick-guide/?hl=ping+plotter