Xboxonex not showing as online

Hi, I have an xbox one x wired to the xr500 and every time I do a full shutdown and start it back up, the xbox shows as being offline? I am literally using it but instead of xbox, it says modem? This then screws up all the bufferbloat settings. Rebooting the router seems to fix it but then i have to reboot everytime I turn the xbox on...

• Administrators

Hi Mik - so when you do a full shutdown and reboot of your XBox, it shows as offline on the Network Map? Sometimes the Network Map can take a little while to update (30 seconds or so). But you are saying that even after this, it's appearing as a modem?

That is a very weird bug if so, could you record your Device Manager the next time this happens? You can use free recording software like OBS to do this, and then upload the video to dropbox so we can take a look.

I'll also send you a newer, beta firmware which may help with your issue.

• Netduma Staff
8 hours ago, Mikzxr said:

Thanks, seems to be fine now, it shows on the connection tree 'lan'-xbox and 'wan'-modem. It only had 'wan' before. 

Cheers

Welcome to the forum Mik - this is a weird one but I'm glad it was easy to fix. It shouldn't have happened in the first place though really, so if you ever spot that again feel free to drop us a screenshot and I'll send it over to the developers as a potential bug :)

If there's anything else you need a hand with just let us know.