geo-filter wrong region PS4

I'm new to this so I'm sure I broke something. I live in florida, when I move to my correct location, it will only show European servers. If I remove the PS4, I can see and connect to U.S. East coast servers. It effects black ops 3, battlefield 1 and overwatch. I'm on 150/12 xfinity and an SB8200 modem. Hardwired.

disable geo filter, switch on ps4 start black ops 3, go to multiplayer, core/hardcore and before you click on the game mode enable geo filter then select game mode.

• Netduma Staff

I'm new to this so I'm sure I broke something. I live in florida, when I move to my correct location, it will only show European servers. If I remove the PS4, I can see and connect to U.S. East coast servers. It effects black ops 3, battlefield 1 and overwatch. I'm on 150/12 xfinity and an SB8200 modem. Hardwired.

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Big Dog's advice above is great, definitely try his suggestion. I reckon what you're seeing isn't game servers - rather they will be background NAT and PSN servers required to get online. When you search for a game what do you see? Could you screenshot it? Thanks!

I did what Big Dog suggested and it worked for BO3! To be clear, everything seems to work OK with geo-filter off. Seeing a 7-10% improvement in ping/bufferbloat/jitter which is great, just a little worrying as I spent $500 on an sb8200 and xr500. Replaced an sb6183 and r7000.

Warframe works fine but warns that the firewall is blocking UDP ports 4950 4955.

qsnOmlr.png

Ghost recon warns that I'm in the wrong region but works after MP game launches.

4otwTo3.png

Smite warns of low network performance and will not launch a MP game.

XYafBYn.png

Overwatch can not find a match and fails after a couple minutes.

fOSqR38.png

Rainbow six siege can not find a match.

pxAPtml.png

Titanfall 2 can not find a match.

pWv792p.png

Battlefield only shows European servers and can not connect to any server whether quickplay or browser.

kTLFdIl.png

• Administrators

You need to adjust your Geo-Filter depending on the game you are playing. For example, most PC games allow you to choose the server you want to play on, so make sure you're in Spectating Mode so you can confirm the location and the ping. Don't block the connection because it will only cause you problems

For some games, like Titanfall, you'll need to increase the radius larger to allow more connections in as the player pool is quite small.

And then finally for a popular game like WW2, you can keep the radius quite small to get the nearest server possible. It's all about experimenting on a game by game basis