Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Further Interleaving Added To Line!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

lllRL

lllRL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • Local time: 05:19 AM
  • LocationUK
I just read about someone having issues with the Zyxel VMG1312-B10D (A Zen freebie) as it caused interleaving, at least 8ms additional delay, lower max sync etc. As soon as he swapped to a Draytek Vigor 130 he was immediately back on Fast Path with the full sync lol

So maybe you're on an ECI cabinet and you've been using a Broadcom chipset all along, when you need the Lantiq chipset ;) yeah I'd say try out the ECI B-Focus modem by picking one up cheap off eBay. I just did the same with the HG612 and I'm very impressed, even though I was already using the right chipset before!

N3CR0

N3CR0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

I just read about someone having issues with the Zyxel VMG1312-B10D (A Zen freebie) as it caused interleaving, at least 8ms additional delay, lower max sync etc. As soon as he swapped to a Draytek Vigor 130 he was immediately back on Fast Path with the full sync lol

So maybe you're on an ECI cabinet and you've been using a Broadcom chipset all along, when you need the Lantiq chipset ;) yeah I'd say try out the ECI B-Focus modem by picking one up cheap off eBay. I just did the same with the HG612 and I'm very impressed, even though I was already using the right chipset before!

IW working properly now!? :o :D

lllRL

lllRL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • LocationUK

IW working properly now!? :o :D

Haha hellllll no! I was just referring to the further reduced latency and improved stability. The W9970 gave me a reduction in max latency spikes (which never actually appeared on PingPlotter or while pinging anything actually) on the thinkbroadband monitor compared to those on the Smart Hub, but with the HG612 they're totally absent unless I download/upload with 100% sliders.

Translating that to in game performance is, well... I'm still stumped. I've played on three servers this week - the UK (7ms), Spain (30ms) and New Jersey USA (73ms). On 7ms I get zero time to react, on 73ms I get far too much time to react but horrible hitmarker delays (still get those on 7ms for some reason - I've recorded delays up to 246ms in games this week) but on the Spanish server I get the best of both worlds.

Still waiting for someone to explain the logic behind that... the laws of physics are being bent I guess :P

P1mptowt

P1mptowt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Hey All.

Just a quick update regarding the interleaving on my line.  I had low interleaving on both the US and DS. 8ms delay for each.

I capped the speed on the modem to 30/10.   The DS interleaving was removed yesterday. This morning I woke up to find the US interleaving was also gone and I am now back on fast path. I have upped my speed cap to 50/10.   So far so good.

I highly recommend this method for anyone on interleaving having a hard time getting off it. All the time spent trying to talk to BT and it took me 3 days to resolve myself.

Thanks all for the advice!

Zennon

Zennon

• Administrators
  • 6,924 posts
  • LocationUK

That had nothing to do with you capping but everything to do with waiting, DLM takes it time to view the errors and then makes the adjustment back to fast path when it feels you have had low enough errors in a 9 day period.

Good to hear DLM has dropped you back to fast path :)

If you keep capping from the modem this may reboot the modem, this will be seen as an error if you do not wait over 20 minutes between boots.

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,864 posts

Hey All.

Just a quick update regarding the interleaving on my line.  I had low interleaving on both the US and DS. 8ms delay for each.

I capped the speed on the modem to 30/10.   The DS interleaving was removed yesterday. This morning I woke up to find the US interleaving was also gone and I am now back on fast path. I have upped my speed cap to 50/10.   So far so good.

I highly recommend this method for anyone on interleaving having a hard time getting off it. All the time spent trying to talk to BT and it took me 3 days to resolve myself.

Thanks all for the advice!

Great to hear, I'm glad Zennons advice worked out :D let us know if you have any more issues or questions and we'll be happy to help you out.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

P1mptowt

P1mptowt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Hi Zennon.

With my line being quite noisy there were way too many ES per hour for me to return to Fast Path without capping speeds. Speed capping reduces errors. You need to see single digit ES errors for a 24 hour Period depending on line history for interleaving to be removed. Hence why 2 days after the Speed cap I was back on Fast Path on the DS followed by a further day to lift the US delay.

You need to stay below 1440 ES errors per day on the DS and 720 on the US to stay on Fast path. Exceeding theses numbers will result in a DLM intervention, so yes you can wait but in my case waiting wasn't going to help. I was monitoring my line whilst interleaved on both the US and DS and the error rates were way too high to return to fast path.

Zennon

Zennon

• Administrators
  • 6,924 posts
  • LocationUK

You would have to raise your SNRM for noise protection to stop the error's not speed capping, unless you mean you raised your SNRM which in turn lowers the bandwidth?

P1mptowt

P1mptowt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Thats is the purpose of the speed cap. To raise the SNRM. No you lower your bandwith which in turn raises your SNRM.

End result = positive DLM intervention :D

BENORMOUS

BENORMOUS

Forum Legend

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Thats is the purpose of the speed cap. To raise the SNRM. No you lower your bandwith which in turn raises your SNRM.

End result = positive DLM intervention :D

I dont think capping the speed affects SNRM in anyway at all mate,are you on fttc?you cant touch things like SNRM on fttc its a fixed profile,adsl profiles with certain routers like the billion i think it is you can manually change the SNRM

P1mptowt

P1mptowt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

I'm sorry but you're wrong. Yes I'm on FTTC. Speed capping 100% raises SNRM. Once you reduce sync speeds SNRM is raised and errors are reduced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users