got router just for Overwatch

• Administrators

Hello, welcome to the forum!

The game utilises regions for the game but you should be able to use the Geo-Filter to force a local server in that region, it may not be as effective as other games but in our tests we've seen that you can still force within the region.

how can this router help, if at all?

all i'm being grouped with is autistic sounding 4 year olds in comp play.   Losing every match.   I want my teammates to be local only. 

I don't play Overwatch but if it's running on dedi's which I assume a game that popular would be, regardless of whether you set the geo filter to only connect to your local one, you have no control over who else connects to that particular one so you'll probably end up with "autistic sounding 4 year olds" again and again. 

• Administrators

Hi sitefresh,

So unfortunately we can't help with teammates. There are probably bad players in every region. In my expierence with competitive gaming anytime you find a player you gel with dm them to join you. Or find competitive forum to join on.

Onto the router, the QoS section allows you to do three things:

1) minimise network queuing, which is one of the main causes of lag.

2) guarantee your game or stream has the bandwidth it needs.

3) prioritise your gaming packets so they can skip the queue.

All of these functions work at any Internet speed so in summary give you fine control over your network. Which is needed if you dont want the network to be the reason you're losing.

We also give you lots of live feedback information including drill down information on what devices and applications are using the Internet(great to use in tandem with bandwidth control) and live location and ping stats.

Hope that helps :)

Hello, welcome to the forum!

The game utilises regions for the game but you should be able to use the Geo-Filter to force a local server in that region, it may not be as effective as other games but in our tests we've seen that you can still force within the region.

Fraser seems most correct so far.  (but thanks the other 2 for the replies as well)

I initially tried Geo for California area...and they were definately california sounding people.  (they all sounded high)

then I switched to New York / NJ area...and they were def NY /NJ people with the accents and all.   So it does work so far.

think they (overwatch) might get upset if they see a pattern and see me switching frequently?  like I said, i'm new to this stuff.  I appreciate all feedback. 

• Administrators

Hi sitefresh,

That's great to hear, thank you for confirming that is the case. To answer your question no one has ever been banned by using the Geo-Filter as there is no cheating involved at all. 

Are you using the XR500 or the R1 router?

Hi sitefresh,

That's great to hear, thank you for confirming that is the case. To answer your question no one has ever been banned by using the Geo-Filter as there is no cheating involved at all. 

Are you using the XR500 or the R1 router?

R1 i'm using.

how can we get the XR500?  says it releases in april or something. 

great router dude..i'm pleased.   much better teammates now.   I recommend to others as well.  If you live in a remote area, you'll probably have dumb ass teammates.   Big city area = better players.   I swear I was only getting like 4 year kids as teammates every game, was extremely annoying.   They must (by default) team us up with people most close to our location in Overwatch...like only 50 miles max it seems. 

• Netduma Staff

R1 i'm using.

how can we get the XR500?  says it releases in april or something. 

great router dude..i'm pleased.   much better teammates now.   I recommend to others as well.  If you live in a remote area, you'll probably have dumb ass teammates.   Big city area = better players.   I swear I was only getting like 4 year kids as teammates every game, was extremely annoying.   They must (by default) team us up with people most close to our location in Overwatch...like only 50 miles max it seems. 

I'm glad you're enjoying your Netduma R1! The Netgear XR500 is currently only available in the US, though should be out in the UK and Europe in or before April. DumaOS is also coming to the Netduma R1 in April :)