Virgin media settings advice please

sergiobtst

Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to read my post.

I got the vivid 300 package from virgin .

My down is 380 mb and up 21mb ...could anyone with experience on the virgin media network to advice me on the best settings for netduma and do i need this amount of speed to be competitive on cod ...i play a hell of of lot ,sometimes its amazing 29 kills 6 deaths next game bulletts dont seem to register and the guy who was bottom on the game previous now has the most kills ...also in the uk whats the most stable internet provider you guys can recommend ...

Thanks ever so much

Speed is not an issue when gaming. Virgin is very unstable for gaming. I have Virgin and usually just have the CC sliders on 50/70 because that works for me.

COD is very inconsistent and everyone has different experiences with it. I played BO3 and on one game got my highest ever score! 43-7 Next game back to the usual mid to low 20's

Cheers macca...

Have u tried ww2 and if so what settings have u found to be the best ...

Thank you

No, haven't got WW2, you just need to play around with the settings, I used to change mine all the time, now I just stick on my COD profile and get on with it! :)

• Netduma Staff

Cheers macca...

Have u tried ww2 and if so what settings have u found to be the best ...

Thank you

Macca is correct in saying speed doesn't make a difference - games require

I'd recommend trying out the CoD Ultimate profile, resetting Device Prio and ticking Share Excess, as well as putting your console in Hyper Traffic. I'd also recommend trying out Maccas Anti-Flood setting, though every local network is different. Let us know how you get on :)

Thanks everyone really appreciate it...

Jack in your experience and if u had the choice for yourself whats the best and most reliable network to work along side the netduma in the uk ...cheers

There probably isn't a "most reliable" ISP as they all have their own little quirks

Over the last 5yrs or so I have had Sky, BT and Virgin, of those I would say that BT was the better, but only for stability. Other people may say differently. There are plenty of variable to consider

Line quality cable v fibre

Distance from the cabinet

How many people on the same ISP in your are

Your own equipment, cables etc new or old etc

Crack all the above and you just might get a good service!!! ;)

• Netduma Staff

Thanks everyone really appreciate it...

Jack in your experience and if u had the choice for yourself whats the best and most reliable network to work along side the netduma in the uk ...cheers

Honestly people like Macca above and the forum moderators have more experience with using the Netduma daily with different ISP's and modems. There's plenty of great threads and conversations taking place on this forum about who's the 'best'.

Macca's got the right idea - from all the threads I've ever looked at, it seems that they all have unique and distinct flaws. People probably complain the most regarding Virgin due to jitter / spike issues, though honestly you could have any ISP and get a good or bad service. (Based on the factors Macca stated above).

if u had the choice for yourself whats the best and most reliable network to work along side the netduma in the uk

I was having major problems with my ISP about a year ago so I asked all my neighbours if I could test their internet.

They all said yes so I tested all of the major ISPs within 90 minutes (speed test and Ping Plotter for 10 mins). I picked the most stable and went with that.

I asked neighbours right near my house (within 50 metres) instead of friends that live nearby, the further you travel from your home then the less likely it is that their line will be using the same infrastructure.

All you need is charm + massive balls.