Netduma R1 just for the PS4

Hi, 

This is my current setup: Internet connection is cable. Download 1000Mbps and upload 100Mbps. 

Wall – ISP modem / router (bridge mode)

1) Router 1 (Asus RT-AC68U + 8 port switch + Asus AP RP-AC56) in House 1.  PS4 wired connection and DMZ. 

2) Router 2 (Asus RTAC66U) - Bridge 1 (house1) - Bridge 2 (house 2) - Asus AP RP-AC56

The house 1 and 2 have a separate internal networks and different external IP. I can have 4 external IP's. The internet speed in house 2 is about 20/20Mbps because of the wireless bridge. There are about 20 devices using internet altogether and most of them have a static IP.

The bandwidth (other devices using it) is not a problem when playing with PS4. I have not found any benefit of using QoS. 

I'm thinking of trying the Netduma R1 for the PS4 only (Mostly CoD, but allso other FPS games) because of the Geo-filter. The quality of connection is so much depending on the host/server in that game. The connection quality does not really change during the game. Do you think it would be worth to try this setup? I quess running everything through Netduma R1 would be a bit hassle in my setup and it would allso limit the download speed. 

-Ghost

• Netduma Staff

Hi, welcome to the forum! Plenty of Netduma users utilise the Geo-filter in the way you have suggested - given your speeds, it might be for the best since the Netduma R1 can only handle a maximum of around 700mbps. You won't be able to make use of the Congestion Control features, however given your speeds this also wouldn't be necessary and Super Turbo Mode would disable those features anyway.

I'd say give that setup a go - you won't receive gigabit speeds on your PS4, though speeds even as high as 20mbps are unnecessary for gaming. Please let us know how you get on :)

• Netduma Staff

Today I played 8 hours of CoD WWII while using Netduma R1. I set distance to 1500km and got steady 30-40ms ping every game. So far so good and no lagging. Thank you for the great product!

I'm glad to hear at least one person is having a great time! Do you reckon you could post a screenshot of how your map looks in-game so we can get an idea of which server you're connecting to? Sounds like the only server in the world functioning correctly, haha.

I'm glad to hear at least one person is having a great time! Do you reckon you could post a screenshot of how your map looks in-game so we can get an idea of which server you're connecting to? Sounds like the only server in the world functioning correctly, haha.

Now I play most of the time on server from Denmark. Server from Moscov is not always that good so I changed my homepoint to Sweden.

312brfd.jpg