Destiny Connection Issues

Just logged in for the first time today (didn't reboot the modem or Netduma), went to the Tower and got error code beetle, which kicked me to orbit and gave me error code bee.

I'm trying to go to the Tower again to see what else happens.  I did get error code bee again, but now I'm in the Tower, so I shall see how long I can remain in there!

Yes, that is correct.  I am not using it most of the time because I fear it will cause more error codes until I figure out why this happens.

Before playing tonight I hard reset the modem, Netduma and console to ensure the best connection and I was able to play for about 4 hours tonight with no issues and no error codes in the Tower (was there for about 10-20 minutes).

• Administrators

This is not geo-filter issue because those errors are related to ports.

They need to open ports and make sure that DMZ/Bridge is active.

I'm going to test the game now anyway just to be certain, I'll make sure to port forward!

I'm going to test the game now anyway just to be certain, I'll make sure to port forward!

No worries, this is not a Netduma issue :)

After 2 years of experience with your router, i know for sure that opening ports with port forwarding is the best i've done since the beginning to counter those errors.

Your router works and i got a lots of comrades to prove it :)

• Administrators

Great to hear that Chive!

Just to confirm, 30, 28, 28 cloud, strict off, ALL ports done for Destiny and I didn't get booted. Tested for Tower, Crucible in both US & Europe and didn't experience any boots.

Just to confirm, 30, 28, 28 cloud, strict off, ALL ports done for Destiny and I didn't get booted. Tested for Tower, Crucible in both US & Europe and didn't experience any boots.

I work on the same settings.

Mario, as i said before, send me your Teamviewer credentials and i will help you as fast as i can.

I work on the same settings.

Mario, as i said before, send me your Teamviewer credentials and i will help you as fast as i can.

No worries, this is not a Netduma issue :)

After 2 years of experience with your router, i know for sure that opening ports with port forwarding is the best i've done since the beginning to counter those errors.

Your router works and i got a lots of comrades to prove it :)

This is not geo-filter issue because those errors are related to ports.

They need to open ports and make sure that DMZ/Bridge is active.

Yes, I believe it is a problem with the modem, as restarting that only usually resolves the issues.  I just need to figure out what to do, perhaps it needs re-configuring before putting it into modem mode, however I didn't think any settings applied before putting it into modem mode would actually remain when in modem mode.

Thanks for checking the configuration Chive, I'll test it this week and a lot more this weekend.

Any reason for adding 443 TCP as hypertraffic but not port forwarding it?

It's faster for the authentification in the beginning.

Yes, I believe it is a problem with the modem, as restarting that only usually resolves the issues.  I just need to figure out what to do, perhaps it needs re-configuring before putting it into modem mode, however I didn't think any settings applied before putting it into modem mode would actually remain when in modem mode.

I am reading through this thread I was just about to type this, lol.  I am pretty confident in saying the connection issues are seeing is caused by your modem/ISP and not the Netduma.  I am not to familiar with VDSL modems but I would be looking at signal levels if they have that like cable modems and go from there.  I would also contact your ISP and let them know you are seeing packet loss and connection issue.  I bungie does not like bad connections so if your is periodically dropping packets, bungie might be pulling the plug on your internet since it bad.

I am reading through this thread I was just about to type this, lol.  I am pretty confident in saying the connection issues are seeing is caused by your modem/ISP and not the Netduma.  I am not to familiar with VDSL modems but I would be looking at signal levels if they have that like cable modems and go from there.  I would also contact your ISP and let them know you are seeing packet loss and connection issue.  I bungie does not like bad connections so if your is periodically dropping packets, bungie might be pulling the plug on your internet since it bad.

Yes, I'm still getting error codes, especially in the Tower / social spaces, so I think I will have to do an experiment and either use the Nighthawk as the modem or buy a better quality modem.  Anyone know of any good quality VDSL modems?

Im a Duma noob, sorta, and only seem to have errors pop up in Trials. Im in the US, expand the radius to the entire US and turn off Strict mode, got booted and loss added to card. I can't remember if this happened when I completely disabled Geo, but I don't think it did. Not sure if this was mentioned but I would LOVE to see a section dedicated to Destiny on here, especially with 2 coming soon. 

Im a Duma noob, sorta, and only seem to have errors pop up in Trials. Im in the US, expand the radius to the entire US and turn off Strict mode, got booted and loss added to card. I can't remember if this happened when I completely disabled Geo, but I don't think it did. Not sure if this was mentioned but I would LOVE to see a section dedicated to Destiny on here, especially with 2 coming soon.

I've answered in the other thread.

I purchased the DrayTek Vigor 130 and I've been testing my connection with it since Saturday.  So far it has yet to fail with an error code and the ping monitor graph I have has been impeccable.

bc6dde39bfafe71d4bb0ac4d6be48d13.png

I guess the modem in the Nighthawk is way better than the cheap Netgear modem I bought to use with the Netduma.  I will keep testing for a bit, but based on my current results I don't think I will see an error code again (unless it is Bungie's fault like earlier tonight).

• Administrators

Are you using cloud numbers 30, 28, 28? You should also port forward specifically for the game, once thats done you shouldn't get booted.

I purchased the DrayTek Vigor 130 and I've been testing my connection with it since Saturday.  So far it has yet to fail with an error code and the ping monitor graph I have has been impeccable.

bc6dde39bfafe71d4bb0ac4d6be48d13.png

I guess the modem in the Nighthawk is way better than the cheap Netgear modem I bought to use with the Netduma.  I will keep testing for a bit, but based on my current results I don't think I will see an error code again (unless it is Bungie's fault like earlier tonight).

Great to hear that!