Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Destiny Connection Issues

Destiny Error codes

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Mario Vale

Mario Vale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Local time: 07:50 AM

Hey guys,

I've been testing this out and there isn't any difference.  I can play the game fine and not get any problems, however once I hit the Tower or social spaces there is a good chance I will be hit with error codes, mainly anteater.

Chive972

Chive972

Member of Globality / Destiny 2 Competitive

• Moderators
  • 2,199 posts
  • Local time: 08:50 AM
  • LocationFrance

Hey guys,

I've been testing this out and there isn't any difference. I can play the game fine and not get any problems, however once I hit the Tower or social spaces there is a good chance I will be hit with error codes, mainly anteater.

Check this: http://forum.netduma...view=getnewpost

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,793 posts

Hey guys,

I've been testing this out and there isn't any difference.  I can play the game fine and not get any problems, however once I hit the Tower or social spaces there is a good chance I will be hit with error codes, mainly anteater.

I'll test and put out a cloud.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Mario Vale

Mario Vale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

I know you are trying to be helpful, but you have asked me to do this several times and I have said I am using this set up, I said I would test this and now I am coming back with my results, which are generally more stable than before, as I can survive in the Tower for long periods of time, however last night as soon as I hit a social space after doing about 3 or 4 hours of raids I got error codes.  These error codes then continued to happen until I quickly decided to reboot my modem, as I was doing more raids and didn't want errors.  I get the feeling these error codes might be because of the modem.

1491740052-U14419.png

You can see above my connection from last night from an external ping monitoring service.

I was using this fine from about 6pm until you see where there is supposedly big packet loss at about 12:45 am.  This big packet loss is because I rebooted the modem and went offline, as a few minutes before then I went to the Tower and got lots of error codes.  Before rebooting I decided to reboot the game and try again, joined the fireteam who had now just begun the opening of Vault of Glass raid and still received the same error codes even in there (note that this is a patrol area, which is a public PvE instance and not a completely private PvE instance, I'm not sure if their patrol areas are strictly P2P or if they connect somewhere else too).  After rebooting the modem I had no problems at all.  One other thing to note is that I had host filtering disabled and was not using it for the several hours mentioned above, from 6pm until 2am. 

What is confusing to me is actually during one of the more stable connection times the error codes appeared, yet when there was a higher average ping and greater fluctuation of ping all was fine.

Any ideas?

Chive972

Chive972

• Moderators
  • 2,199 posts
  • LocationFrance

I know you are trying to be helpful, but you have asked me to do this several times and I have said I am using this set up, I said I would test this and now I am coming back with my results, which are generally more stable than before, as I can survive in the Tower for long periods of time, however last night as soon as I hit a social space after doing about 3 or 4 hours of raids I got error codes. These error codes then continued to happen until I quickly decided to reboot my modem, as I was doing more raids and didn't want errors. I get the feeling these error codes might be because of the modem.

1491740052-U14419.png

You can see above my connection from last night from an external ping monitoring service.

I was using this fine from about 6pm until you see where there is supposedly big packet loss at about 12:45 am. This big packet loss is because I rebooted the modem and went offline, as a few minutes before then I went to the Tower and got lots of error codes. Before rebooting I decided to reboot the game and try again, joined the fireteam who had now just begun the opening of Vault of Glass raid and still received the same error codes even in there (note that this is a patrol area, which is a public PvE instance and not a completely private PvE instance, I'm not sure if their patrol areas are strictly P2P or if they connect somewhere else too). After rebooting the modem I had no problems at all. One other thing to note is that I had host filtering disabled and was not using it for the several hours mentioned above, from 6pm until 2am.

What is confusing to me is actually during one of the more stable connection times the error codes appeared, yet when there was a higher average ping and greater fluctuation of ping all was fine.

Any ideas?

Do you want me to check it with Teamviewer ?
It will be easier to find your issue.

Mario Vale

Mario Vale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Do you want me to check it with Teamviewer ?
It will be easier to find your issue.

Yes, I've sent you the details.

Mario Vale

Mario Vale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Just logged in for the first time today (didn't reboot the modem or Netduma), went to the Tower and got error code beetle, which kicked me to orbit and gave me error code bee.

I'm trying to go to the Tower again to see what else happens.  I did get error code bee again, but now I'm in the Tower, so I shall see how long I can remain in there!

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,793 posts

Are you saying you're getting these error codes with the Geo-filter disabled also?

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Mario Vale

Mario Vale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Yes, that is correct.  I am not using it most of the time because I fear it will cause more error codes until I figure out why this happens.

Before playing tonight I hard reset the modem, Netduma and console to ensure the best connection and I was able to play for about 4 hours tonight with no issues and no error codes in the Tower (was there for about 10-20 minutes).

Chive972

Chive972

• Moderators
  • 2,199 posts
  • LocationFrance

Send me your Teamviewer credential in PM.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,793 posts

Okay interesting thanks for the info, good to know it may not exclusively be a Geo-filter issue.

Time Converter

Chive972

Chive972

• Moderators
  • 2,199 posts
  • LocationFrance

Okay interesting thanks for the info, good to know it may not exclusively be a Geo-filter issue.

This is not geo-filter issue because those errors are related to ports.
They need to open ports and make sure that DMZ/Bridge is active.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,793 posts

I'm going to test the game now anyway just to be certain, I'll make sure to port forward!

Time Converter

Chive972

Chive972

• Moderators
  • 2,199 posts
  • LocationFrance

I'm going to test the game now anyway just to be certain, I'll make sure to port forward!

No worries, this is not a Netduma issue :)

After 2 years of experience with your router, i know for sure that opening ports with port forwarding is the best i've done since the beginning to counter those errors.

Your router works and i got a lots of comrades to prove it :)

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,793 posts

Great to hear that Chive!

Just to confirm, 30, 28, 28 cloud, strict off, ALL ports done for Destiny and I didn't get booted. Tested for Tower, Crucible in both US & Europe and didn't experience any boots.

Time Converter

Chive972

Chive972

• Moderators
  • 2,199 posts
  • LocationFrance

Just to confirm, 30, 28, 28 cloud, strict off, ALL ports done for Destiny and I didn't get booted. Tested for Tower, Crucible in both US & Europe and didn't experience any boots.

I work on the same settings.

Mario, as i said before, send me your Teamviewer credentials and i will help you as fast as i can.

Mario Vale

Mario Vale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

I work on the same settings.

Mario, as i said before, send me your Teamviewer credentials and i will help you as fast as i can.

No worries, this is not a Netduma issue :)

After 2 years of experience with your router, i know for sure that opening ports with port forwarding is the best i've done since the beginning to counter those errors.

Your router works and i got a lots of comrades to prove it :)

Yes, I believe it is a problem with the modem, as restarting that only usually resolves the issues.  I just need to figure out what to do, perhaps it needs re-configuring before putting it into modem mode, however I didn't think any settings applied before putting it into modem mode would actually remain when in modem mode.

Mario Vale

Mario Vale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Thanks for checking the configuration Chive, I'll test it this week and a lot more this weekend.

Any reason for adding 443 TCP as hypertraffic but not port forwarding it?

Chive972

Chive972

• Moderators
  • 2,199 posts
  • LocationFrance

Thanks for checking the configuration Chive, I'll test it this week and a lot more this weekend.

Any reason for adding 443 TCP as hypertraffic but not port forwarding it?

It's faster for the authentification in the beginning.

XSXS

XSXS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Local time: 11:50 PM
  • LocationAZ

Yes, I believe it is a problem with the modem, as restarting that only usually resolves the issues.  I just need to figure out what to do, perhaps it needs re-configuring before putting it into modem mode, however I didn't think any settings applied before putting it into modem mode would actually remain when in modem mode.

I am reading through this thread I was just about to type this, lol.  I am pretty confident in saying the connection issues are seeing is caused by your modem/ISP and not the Netduma.  I am not to familiar with VDSL modems but I would be looking at signal levels if they have that like cable modems and go from there.  I would also contact your ISP and let them know you are seeing packet loss and connection issue.  I bungie does not like bad connections so if your is periodically dropping packets, bungie might be pulling the plug on your internet since it bad.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Destiny, Error codes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users