Need some help here..

Heres my setup...I have a surfboard Motorola modem (that i own..not the cable company) then my netduma (ps4 wired into it) and then a netgear r7000 in AP mode with my sons xbox one wireless to the netgear. Not sure why netduma doesnt like xbox one but its keeping the xbox in strict mode...no matter if i have it upnp or going into port forwarding. Any ideas on what I can do? Ive done everything on message boards ...on the netduma site...youtube videos...I even took the netduma out of the network and put another netgear r7000 in its place and my ps4 and xbox one went into open mode ...added the netduma back in and xbox went back to strict.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Please try the following:

Hard turn off the console
Disable Geo-filter on Duma
UPnP OR port forwarding enabled on the Duma, not both
UPnP forwarding disabled in Duma miscellaneous settings
Boot up console - check network settings - should be open or NAT Type 2 (open)
Boot up game - should be open

If you need to port forward:

80 UDP/TCP
443 UDP/TCP
1935 UDP/TCP
3074 UDP/TCP
3478-3480 UDP/TCP

Thanks for replying back Fraser! I have done all that and no luck...the closest I have got is what you said with it in UPNP but then my ps4 that's wired to it goes moderate and the xbox one on the AP goes open in works for a few days then goes back to strict...I have checked my modem...netgear...everything I can think of to make sure theres no firewall and theres nothing to blocking it. If I got port forwarding my ps4 will open but the xbox stays strict or I get the "service is unavailable"...I actually ran the netduma off the netgear at the end of the network and if in UPNP the wired ps4 goes moderate but if I open the ports it goes open but very laggy as if I'm not getting the speeds I'm suppose to.

• Administrators

It's quite hard to get multiple consoles open at the same time. The last person I did a 1 on 1 with we found that Bo3 & IW do not request the ports correctly and thus result in a "moderate" reading when it should be open. We port forwarded one console as 3074 and the other as 3075/6 I believe. Then booted up MWR as this requests the ports correctly, then switched over to IW and it was open so try that.

I'll give it a try and see...thanks!..The only other question I really have is if im running the xbox one on the AP wireless...should it still be showing the xbox connecting to the netduma on device manager?...same goes with anything else wireless that connects to the netgear...If I delete them or block them xbox wont turn....just wondering?

Yes. If your R1 is your primary router all devices connected to the R1 (receiving an ip address) directly or indirectly as if through an access point will show up in the device manager area on the R1. And you will be able to block it or manipulate it's connection how you see fit.

• 2 weeks later...

SO I tried blocking the iphone and the xbox one that Im seeing showing up on my device manager but once I blocked it neither one could sign in through the netgear nighthawk even wireless...so I had to enable them both back.

• 2 weeks later...