Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gaming broadband

idnet

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

RedBull2k

RedBull2k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Local time: 08:15 AM
  • LocationSouth Wales

what are the stats like on fastpath, have you got any gaming done?

3935489.png

Congestion Control on 97% download and upload

IP Profile for your line is - 77.42 Mbps from btw performance test

HG612 and Netduma No DMZ Method

progprogprog

progprogprog

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
It's basically plays the same now as before with bt
But I have a lot more bandwidth to play with now
So my bufferbloat tests are big improvement
Plus the family can stream,Facebook e.t.c.
One great tip I can give you is to have pingplotter running on a PC while you do a http://www.speedtest.netthen change congestion control until your ping stays in the green

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 2,418 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

One great tip I can give you is to have pingplotter running on a PC while you do a http://www.speedtest.net then change congestion control until your ping stays in the green

That is a great tip, I'd would recommend over dslreports every time.

But 'green' is relative because you can set the parameters in the preferences for what ping is 'green' and I think by default it's up to 100ms (on the Mac version at least).

And spikes nearly reaching 100ms would obviously be no good if your base ping is really low, like 8ms.

What you want to do is set Ping Plotter running and then run a speedtest while your anti-flood is set at 100/100, then you will see how big the spikes can be without the anti-flood.

Then obviously adjust your sliders and run the speedtest again.

When you hit the point that the suppression is handling the buffer bloat spikes it will be obvious because they will be tiny compared to the unsuppressed ones from a minute before.

I like cats and cheese and CoD. Don't mix them up, it'll ruin your lunch and your Xbox. And your cat.

RedBull2k

RedBull2k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

idnet no longer offer the r1 in their hardware choices. thats a shame.

3935489.png

Congestion Control on 97% download and upload

IP Profile for your line is - 77.42 Mbps from btw performance test

HG612 and Netduma No DMZ Method

Stealth_01

Stealth_01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationLondon

idnet no longer offer the r1 in their hardware choices. thats a shame.

I believe its because of the issues it was having connecting via PPPoE. Everytime I restart my modem its a pain in the arse re-connecting. Takes forever. Hopefully the new update can sort this :)

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,843 posts

I believe its because of the issues it was having connecting via PPPoE. Everytime I restart my modem its a pain in the arse re-connecting. Takes forever. Hopefully the new update can sort this :)

What do you mean exactly?

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 

FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.

Knowledge Base - Main link to the Knowledge Base, for everything else please search here or on the forum. 

Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

Stealth_01

Stealth_01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationLondon

What do you mean exactly?

Fraser, sorry for the delayed response. I keep having issues connecting via PPPoE for some reason. Everytime I restart the netduma I lose connection completely. I have to go back to the WAN page and disable PPPoE, then reconnect by typing in the PPPoE username/password and applying settings. This doesnt always work sometimes, so i have to factory reset on occassions. Maybe its just me, and its working fine for other people.

Regards,

BENORMOUS

BENORMOUS

Forum Legend

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts
Never known that happen before and I use PPPoE,do you have cookies enabled?enter in your username and password into PPPoE then perform a reboot of the r1 via settings miscellaneous this will hard save your settings there and then

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,843 posts

Fraser, sorry for the delayed response. I keep having issues connecting via PPPoE for some reason. Everytime I restart the netduma I lose connection completely. I have to go back to the WAN page and disable PPPoE, then reconnect by typing in the PPPoE username/password and applying settings. This doesnt always work sometimes, so i have to factory reset on occassions. Maybe its just me, and its working fine for other people.

Regards,

Never known that happen before and I use PPPoE,do you have cookies enabled?enter in your username and password into PPPoE then perform a reboot of the r1 via settings miscellaneous this will hard save your settings there and then

Haven't heard of that happening, are you using the Google Chrome browser when applying your PPPoE settings? 

Try Ben's suggestions and see if that works.

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 

FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.

Knowledge Base - Main link to the Knowledge Base, for everything else please search here or on the forum. 

Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Stealth_01

Stealth_01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationLondon

Haven't heard of that happening, are you using the Google Chrome browser when applying your PPPoE settings? 

Try Ben's suggestions and see if that works.

Yeah i do have cookies enabled, and the web browser I use is Safari. I'll to firefox and see if that makes a differance next time i re-boot.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,843 posts

Yeah i do have cookies enabled, and the web browser I use is Safari. I'll to firefox and see if that makes a differance next time i re-boot.

That's probably the cause. Firefox or Chrome should work properly.

Technical support:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: idnet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users