Need help

Mikes

Just got the net duma 2 days ago I've been trying to set it up .. I'm not very good at these things .. I've got the ping and distance sorted .. but on both black ops 3 and infinite warfare says nate type moderate .. I've followed all the steps on forum but still moderate ... also on my device manager it says I'm connected to another .. which is my Internet providers.. again I've followed all steps to change the ip address but still nothing ... any help would be much appreciated

Call your ISP, tell them to put your modem in bridge mode for you. This will disable the router functions of the ISP modem/router combo which will open your NAT also.

.. I just contacted them they told me it can't be put into bridge mode only a business one can

Welp... try again cause that doesn't sound right lol

rang them again they said no it can't be done ...it's a bt hub 6 .. I'm getting a bit fed up with this router .. 4 days later and it's still not working .. I had high hopes for it

Place the netduma ip into the dmz of the smart hub that will open all ports for your console

we did that .. but my ps4 still showing the bt hub ip address and net duma saying can't ping because firewall is still active

Welp... try again cause that doesn't sound right lol

hi I was able to go into personal settings for bt hub and disable firewall and changed the wan ip to match the Duma .. but the old IP address remains on the PS4 .. should / can I change it ?

If you have factory reset the Netduma the WiFi password is now

netdumar1

Make sure the WiFi is turned off in your ISP router if the above is not your issue.

Type 2 is correct for PS4 it means open behind another router.

Do you mean showing moderate in game?

Is the Duma in the DMZ of your ISP router?

If not search the knowledge base or wiki for the how too.

Still moderate?

If so search for PS4 cod ports to forward with port forwarding

The knowledge base has every answer to every question on the duma just type into the box at the top of the page.

I have searched port forwarding.

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000028196-port-forwarding-settings

If you do decide to port forward (moderate NAT plays the same as open just sometimes causes chat issues but not always) remember to turn off UPnP in the Netduma settings.

• Administrators

If you're saying the PS4 is showing a BT Hub IP then it sounds like you don't have the PS4 connected to the R1. ALL devices should be connected to the R1 via WiFi or via ethernet. Once the console is connected to the R1 does it say NAT Type 2 in network settings? If so that means it is open. 

Also for the ping issue: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022397-why-can-t-i-ping-

I typed in a question and didn't get an answer .. I'm not happy with product at all it is extremely difficult to set up if I known this I definitely wouldn't of bought it .. i don't know what to type into port forwarding every answer I get opens 10 more questions

• Administrators

I have merged both of your threads and moved it to General Support.

What question did you type in? 

Zennon linked how to use the Port Forwarding feature, then you need to find out the specific ports for the game you want to play. In this case I've done this for you, once you open these ports you should have an open NAT in game: 

TCP: 1935, 3074, 3478-3480
UDP: 3074, 3478-3479

My ps4 is connected to r1 via eithernet cable .. on ps4 nat type is type 2 .. but on infinite warwafe and black ops 3 it says moderate .. I was using it last nite it seems to be working but when I bring up the geofilter interface on ipad after a few mins it always says something went wrong when trying to ping . Make sure no devices are vpn'd .. I don't know what this means

So do I have to change these ports every time I want to play a different game ?

I don't seem to have problems finding games with ping set to 20 and distance set to 600 kms.. I live in Ireland.. I'm assuming I'm connecting to the London server .. is port forwarding needed ? I had zero experience in this area

• Administrators

NAT Type 2 is open so that is great. Having a moderate NAT (which I'm not entirely convinced that it's an accurate reading) won't have an effect on your connection but rather may limit who you can connect to but not to an extent you would notice unless you frequently play with friends that have a moderate NAT.

For that ping issue follow this: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022397-why-can-t-i-ping-

Some ports will be the same, but would usually recommend UPnP so the necessary ports are opened. 

You're very lucky in that there are servers in Ireland as well I believe so you should be getting a really low ping.

Archived