Development Plan

Guest Netduma_Iain

• Netduma Staff

hello

Was wondering why this router is capped @120mb, i'm paying for 150mb virgin fibre and would very much like to get speeds i'm paying for.

It is not 'capped' at 120. It can get to 150. Make sure you have done everything here to get top speeds.

I believe that an update will be coming out in the near future to increase speeds to 800+.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is not 'capped' at 120. It can get to 150. Make sure you have done everything here to get top speeds.

I believe that an update will be coming out in the near future to increase speeds to 800+.

ok, ill have a look at whats going on, using my asus in the same style with virgin router in modem mode i get 150 no probs.

• Netduma Staff

ok, ill have a look at whats going on, using my asus in the same style with virgin router in modem mode i get 150 no probs.

Ok, I re-read my post. I should make it clear that theoretical you can get 150Mpbs. You got to take into account if your testing on Wifi or wired, the server you are testing to etc.

But you won't get higher than 150Mpbs at the moment. Once the update comes out though you should get the full 150Mbps easily :)

• Administrators

Hi netduma lol

At the moment you'll get between 120-150 but as you're at the limit some people don't quite get the max. I'm not sure why exactly, but in a few weeks it won't matter as we'll give out an upgrade that can handle 800mbits. 

We may have to change your username in future if people get confused, but for the time being its awesome! 

Hi netduma lol

At the moment you'll get between 120-150 but as you're at the limit some people don't quite get the max. I'm not sure why exactly, but in a few weeks it won't matter as we'll give out an upgrade that can handle 800mbits. 

We may have to change your username in future if people get confused, but for the time being its awesome! 

Hey netduma iain its netduma here  :D

Wonderfull product btw, i'm not the most technically minded was sure puzzled how i'm not achieving the desired results, maybe this is an issue with fibre connections that need worked on,

checked all the router stats i definitely have everything optimised correctly as per wiki instructions, unable to achieve top end speeds. Glad you are on the case anyhoo i can wait a few more 

weeks no problemo. Netduma here over and out captain.

• Administrators

Hi netduma! 

Thank-you for the kind words about the R1, glad you like it

Thanks for the patience mate, keep an eye on out on the forum I'll announce it when I put it up. Also if you like to stick around you're more than welcome. Its not just a support forum :)

Hi netduma lol

800 mbits sweet! i can finally go back to having one router on the network.

Archived