minimum upload for streaming?

BENORMOUS

Been really wanting to stream AW on twitch lately but not sure my connection would handle it or if the netduma could help me out in any way,I only have 1mbit upload and im not sure if that would be enough,suppose I could just go ahead and try it but thought I'd ask you experiences streamers first

BENORMOUS

• Netduma Staff

Been really wanting to stream AW on twitch lately but not sure my connection would handle it or if the netduma could help me out in any way,I only have 1mbit upload and im not sure if that would be enough,suppose I could just go ahead and try it but thought I'd ask you experiences streamers first

BENORMOUS

I don't think that would be enough :/ When I stream it uses 3-4mbps. That is 1080x720 3500 bit rate and 30fps.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Streaming takes about 3Mb/s you can stream in low def with less bandwidth, but less people watch.

Yeah it wouldnt be ideal at all :(

with a decent PC you can do quite some compression which reduces the required bitratio, means you can come down to 1 - 1,5mbits

however youll need another 200-400kbits for gaming so the minimum id say you can stream with is 2mbits, this requires a capture card though

when using the console to stream directly there isnt any real compression so 3-4mbits is what you want minimum

(all constant upload values, means put another mbit on top as connections usually fluctuate)

i wouldnt stream through the console in the first place anyhow, the R1 shouldnt be able to keep the connection lag free then

when streaming through the PC the R1 can channel the PC and the console to keep your ping good (congestion control)

When I'm at Home i stream on 1.2mb upload in low quality & when i go to my mums i use there flber to stream in high quality thats 10mb upload.

the 1.2mb is fine no issues quality isnt the best for viewers though!

if you want to watch my stream on the 1.2mb connection let me know ill PM my channel name,

Archived