My wife and I lag in COD with two PS4s at same time

• Netduma Staff

I have everything set up, my download speed has shot up on the ps4 but now my ping on average is in the 70-80s, it use to be 30-50s. What should I do now

How are you measuring the ping? Is it the ping when wired to the Duma or when wired through the power line adapters?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going off the ping in the cod game

I had the same situation.  One console was on wired and one on wifi.  The console on wifi was fine as long as the other console was not on COD.  The powerline solved those lag spikes.  Watching the ping graph on the Netduma interface was awesome because I can actually see the console on wifi go bad with the spikes.  After using the powerline to that console both ping graphs were at 15-4o ms and stayed that way while both playing.  The Duma actually proved to me wifi is a reall NO NO for online gaming.  

Oh and the COD built in ping stats is soooo BS.  It's in the best interest for the game developer to make it look like everyone is a great connection so they don't complain about lag compensation.  Even the NAT status on the game is BS.  Believe what the Duma says on the interface instead.  =)

Just to add, the wifi I'm using is a Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 in AP mode behind the Duma and wifi off in the Duma settings.  The Nighthawk is a great wifi router but has nothing compared to the Duma's GEO and Ping Assists feature.  Long story short, even a fairly high end wireless router wireless is Not good for gaming and the Duma shows the Nighthawk wifi lag spiking.  ;)

Archived