Temporarily ban host

• Netduma Staff

if it is a good host PA should have it covered.

Oh right, I get you, didn't read post properly. So is this if you are getting lobby booted? If it is then quit good idea, but then dedis could get blocked which might affect match making.

would setting the host to 0% deny not guarantee you to avoid the host in the next matchmaking process?

or is it a dedi server? (heard you cannot set them to deny, havent really used the geo-filter on a dedi server game yet)

• Netduma Staff

would setting the host to 0% deny not guarantee you to avoid the host in the next matchmaking process?

or is it a dedi server? (heard you cannot set them to deny, havent really used the geo-filter on a dedi server game yet)

I think he means when you are getting lobby booted, to stop you getting booted from the same lobby.

This is for lobby booting...

Issue:

Search for game > find game > join game > leave game > find same game > join same game > repeat....

I want:

Search for game > find game > join game > leave game > find same game (blocked) > move to next server in list > continue

I changed my home location about 200km's and it sorted that issue out.

I already have the whole east cost selected. 620 miles and i live in Louisville KY which is 700 miles from everywhere on the east coast.

Guest Netduma_Iain

abc123 the lobby booting happens because you're blocking a dedi it wants to put you in. You should see a lock appear when you get booted(it may even be in Seattle) but it should appear. If you move your distance or PA slightly you'll clear all the locks of the page. So you can then spot the one causing the booting.

I see what you mean could you block the entire lobby itself, I'm not sure if that would work. I think if you untick strict mode when it happens then tick it again once your in the game it should be all good. You'll probably find server in wrong location.

Once we get the IDs out there I'm hoping people can report wrong locations so we will find them much quicker which should just optimise it for everyone :)

abc123 the lobby booting happens because you're blocking a dedi it wants to put you in. You should see a lock appear when you get booted(it may even be in Seattle) but it should appear. If you move your distance or PA slightly you'll clear all the locks of the page. So you can then spot the one causing the booting.

I see what you mean could you block the entire lobby itself, I'm not sure if that would work. I think if you untick strict mode when it happens then tick it again once your in the game it should be all good. You'll probably find server in wrong location.

Once we get the IDs out there I'm hoping people can report wrong locations so we will find them much quicker which should just optimise it for everyone :)

there are soooo many padlocks that it's difficult to figure anything out

Guest Netduma_Iain

Oh I see there are a bunch of them. Ok mate when I get this new version out that occupying all my time. I'll remote in and catch all blocked hosts in one sweep, Thanks!

Guest Netduma_Iain

was it async? 

I'm going to be away this weekend but you scedule a session with Fraser or I can help when I'm back. But for now I guess just increase it to allow east coast. Or better yet increase your ping assist to let them through :) 

Archived