Can't play online with the R1

Recently I cant play Black Ops 3 sometimes I cant sign in to psn, everytime I try to connect to the bo3 server it gives me a error saying Cannot connect to the server. Network features for this application cannot be used until the system connects to the server. (NP-34934-2). I search the code on google tried everything but no luck. Did a factory reset on the R1 but nothing works. BTw my set up is motorola modem SB6141 connected to the R1. I decided to connect the motorola modem straight to the ps4 and everything was working fine I could play bo3 without any problems. I connect the modem to the R1 and the problem comes up again its like the R1 it's unresponsive. But it only does that with the ps4, every other device connected to the duma works fine. Clearly the problem here it's the netduma router any sloution?

Recently I cant play Black Ops 3 sometimes I cant sign in to psn, everytime I try to connect to the bo3 server it gives me a error saying Cannot connect to the server. Network features for this application cannot be used until the system connects to the server. (NP-34934-2). I search the code on google tried everything but no luck. Did a factory reset on the R1 but nothing works. BTw my set up is motorola modem SB6141 connected to the R1. I decided to connect the motorola modem straight to the ps4 and everything was working fine I could play bo3 without any problems. I connect the modem to the R1 and the problem comes up again its like the R1 it's unresponsive. But it only does that with the ps4, every other device connected to the duma works fine. Clearly the problem here it's the netduma router any sloution?

Make sure your geofilter is OFF when starting the console and game... When it says Disable that means it's on, when it says Enable that means it's off. This will be changed in a future update to be a simple check box.

Make sure your geofilter is OFF when starting the console and game... When it says Disable that means it's on, when it says Enable that means it's off. This will be changed in a future update to be a simple check box.

Im in work right now but I will try this when I get home ill let you now if this solves the problem.

Make sure your geofilter is OFF when starting the console and game... When it says Disable that means it's on, when it says Enable that means it's off. This will be changed in a future update to be a simple check box

Started the ps4 and game with the geofilter off but gives me the same problem. Right now can only play with modem connected to the ps4.

That's very strange, with Geo off it just acts like a regular router. Look at the map does anything come up as blocked when the Geo-filter is off?

Load the game gives me the same error. this is how the map looks like when im in the game

post-3268-0-40989000-1449964431_thumb.png

Can you un zoom the map please to see if there is anything 

tried it again gives me the same error code 

Cannot connect to the server.

Network features for this application cannot be used until the system connects to the

server.

(NP-34924-2)

post-3268-0-32618900-1450108677_thumb.png

On the ps4 when I go to test internet connection sometimes it wont let me sign in or the internet connection will failed and gives me another error.

Cannot connect to the server within the time limit.

There might have been a problem in connecting to the network, or Playstation Network

or the server of the service provider might be temporarily busy.

(CE-33986-9)

Other times it will sign in to the ps4 but cant play any games online. This only happens with the duma, it started giving me problems like 3 days ago. Before that I was using the duma without any problem. Very strange

• Administrators

Thats quite strange. Sony only has these suggestions for their own error which strikes me as odd. Anyway give these a go:

Suggestion 1: PSN may be temporarily unavailable or under maintenance.
Suggestion 2: Perform an Internet connection test by going to [settings] > [Network] > [Test Internet Connection] to confirm you can connect to the network.
Suggestion 3: If you're still unable to connect, try resetting your local network connection by powering off your modem and/or router and waiting 5 minutes before turning it back on.

Also make sure the ethernet cable connecting the console to the duma is in securely to the duma and ps. Also make sure you're connecting with automatic network settings on the ps.

having the same issue with my R1 on my xbox one. Until yesterday, it worked perfectly. This morning I went to start up Destiny and it wouldn't connect. I assumed it was the equipment from my ISP, but when I connected to the modem directly, it was fine. I even updated the firmware with the same results. Any suggestions??

I have that exact same setup (SB6141 to R1 to PS4 wired), and I have received that error a few times.  Most of the time, it is a COD server issue (i.e. servers down in my area or problems).  In other cases I can get it working with the following.  

Try turning off modem, plugging R1 and console.  Turn on modem and let it boot fully up (i.e. all green lights and blue connected light).  Plug in R1 and let fully boot.  With Geo Filter OFF, turn on console.  From the PS4 test the internet connection.  If good, start game.  

Because of issues, I typically do this process before I start gaming.  I found that I get much better.

Also, I found that the PS4 works better with DNS of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 put into the PS4 and R1 both.  

Thats quite strange. Sony only has these suggestions for their own error which strikes me as odd. Anyway give these a go:

Suggestion 1: PSN may be temporarily unavailable or under maintenance.

Suggestion 2: Perform an Internet connection test by going to [settings] > [Network] > [Test Internet Connection] to confirm you can connect to the network.

Suggestion 3: If you're still unable to connect, try resetting your local network connection by powering off your modem and/or router and waiting 5 minutes before turning it back on.

Also make sure the ethernet cable connecting the console to the duma is in securely to the duma and ps. Also make sure you're connecting with automatic network settings on the ps.

Suggestion 3 worked!!! disconected the modem and duma for 5 minutes or more then plug it back in, started the game and could play online without any problem. Before, I disconected the duma and modem for only 30 seconds but no luck. In conclution the solution is to disconect the modem and duma for 5 minutes at least it worked for me thanks fraser!!

• Administrators

having the same issue with my R1 on my xbox one. Until yesterday, it worked perfectly. This morning I went to start up Destiny and it wouldn't connect. I assumed it was the equipment from my ISP, but when I connected to the modem directly, it was fine. I even updated the firmware with the same results. Any suggestions??

Was anything coming up as blocked on the Geo-filter?

Hi guis, since yesterday I have the seme problem on xbox one! as l understand it I have to switch off both modem r1 together for 5 minutes ?

Thanks for you answers

Help me

Yes!! Unplug the modem and R1 for 5 minutes or more, recconect them and wait till the modem and R1 are back online. Go on xbox one and start the game to see if you can play online

Thanks Manuel! Now it works but I have to disable the geo areas, to start any game and once inside I'm turning on the geo areas. Before this issue played automatically without deactivating the geo, and I also circles the servers by green now are red ...

Thanks Manuel! Now it works but I have to disable the geo areas, to start any game and once inside I'm turning on the geo areas. Before this issue played automatically without deactivating the geo, and I also circles the servers by green now are red ...

Glad it works!!!

• Administrators

You should be able to get onto the game with the Geo-filter enabled. Make sure auto&bleeding edge cloud is ticked and applied in settings > miscellaneous. 

The circles are green because the device you are using is in the second slot at the top of the page instead of the first one. 

Archived