R1 hitting my router offline

Ok, This is a strange one that has stumped me for the last 3 days. I've looked at everything but can't find the problem, so I'm asking the good people in here.

About 3 days my party chat on my PS4 would drop out, I could rejoin pretty much straight away. At this stage I thought it might be the PS4 so I reset the PS4 with no luck.

I then noticed My router/modem was going offline then starting up again. I checked all the leads etc and they are all fine, I returned both the R1 and my router to factory settings And re-did everthing the way I was told in previous support topics. I'm not a genius in this field but I'm not a dummy either. I just have no clue why this is doing this all of a sudden. The R1 has been working great for me since the update up untill 3 days ago.

I almost forgot, I disconnected the R1 and Just ran everything of my router with no internet drop outs what so ever. I was still being kicked from party chat though.

Your thoughts and help will be greatly appreciated.

It's bumping me offline about every 15 minutes for about 45 seconds then comes back online. I tested running my modem by itself and had no problem with it dropping out. I'm getting really good up and down speeds so there's no problem there. It doesn't reboot my whole router it just boots it offline for a while.

I may have solved my problem, Fingers and toes crossed. About the same time I started having problems I had replaced  a cable from the R1 ro my mac, The cable I replaced it with was a cat6 cable. I swapped it back about 20 mins ago with no issues so far. Ian, could this be the reason for my problems? Are cat6 cables compatable with the mighty duma?

Is the R1 in a well ventilated area? If the R1 gets too hot it can restart. A few people have had problems if the R1 is close to wireless equipment on the 2.4Ghz band (Wireless phones wireless AP's) etc make sure the R1 is a good distance away from that. 

I have had this problem to and doing what i have said above fixed it for me :)

- Tom  

Ops silly me I see that problem was with your hub and not the R1.

Maybe this could be a power issue? Because it is very strange that it reboots only when the R1 is connected to it. Is your Hub and R1 on a power strip? Maybe the R1 is drawing to much power and causing surges or something.

I would love to know what the problem was here, post back if you fix it.   

- Tom 

• Administrators

I have the same problem with the party chat on the ps4, sometimes i can't get in my duma?

I didnt change anything in the settings! also i get very very bad connections with Black ops 3!

How can people where i ping to have a ping off 240, 200, 150 when i have the slider on 28ping

Could you make a new thread for your issue please

Archived