Match Finding Issues - BO3 XB1

Hello all,

My NETDUMA had been working absolutely fine. However, over the last couple of days I am having issues finding a match in BO3.

Seems to take ages, sometimes up to 10 minutes. Matchmaking with friends in a party is almost impossible.

I did a full factory reset, no change. I was usually connecting to what I believe to be a dedicated server in Ireland. I am in Devon, UK. But I cant be certain that the Irish server was a indeed dedi.

Now I am seeing two warning triangles always appearing over in the US when searching for a match. Here is a screenshot.

IxVtwVB.png

This is something new, I have not seen these warning triangles appearing in this location before. But since seeing them, I am having problems finding a match.

Details of servers;

ID: 172815e0c5b67a7f    Distance: 6990km <---- This is the one more central in the US

ID: ff0d14dfaa9e4045    Distance: 5226km <---- This one the on the East Coast of the US

Like I said, I have not touched any settings, when I did a Factory Reset, I put the settings back to the way they were before.

Has something changed in the Cloud? I have Bleeding Edge enabled and have applied the cloud settings several times.

What could be the issue?

Well, I dont think its the NETDUMA!

Just played CoD Ghosts on the XB1 and it found good matches instantly and the games went like this

35-11

27-7

29-5

32-6

So, what ever is causing the problem, it isnt the router!

So is it just BO3 crap matchmaking or what?

• Administrators

Hey thanks for providing the IDs, very helpful! I can see they're both MS servers, most likely dedicated servers. They're both actually located in Ireland so are just incorrectly located. I will move them very soon. You could allow them if you wanted to. 

Otherwise looks like your games are still fine :)

Thanks for the reassurance!

I have been adding them but the list is growing! I will list what I have found so far. All of them are either Central US or East Coast US on the map.

I am assuming that the Host Descriptor 16 character hash is somehow decoded into an IP address your end? You will probably note that a lot of the hashes look very similar.

So I will make a further assumption that the servers listed here are in the same location but using different IP addresses? Or how does the Host Descriptor differentiate between hosts?

Anyway, heres the list so far:

Central US on Geo Filter Map

ID: be288954c55d5055    Distance: 7164km
ID: 0f289f6ac5ae7a7f    Distance: 7164km
ID: e628844fc5857a7f    Distance: 7164km
ID: e928b17cc5887a7f    Distance: 7164km
ID: c028ba85c55f6c71    Distance: 7164km
ID: bb2833fec55a6c71    Distance: 7164km

East Coast US on Geo Filter Map

ID: 000d9b66aa9f4045    Distance: 5433km
ID: fb0d4f1aaa9a4045    Distance: 5433km
ID: fb0df5c0aa9a4045    Distance: 5433km
ID: 000d08d3aa9f4045    Distance: 5433km
ID: ff0dc792aa9e4045    Distance: 5433km
ID: fd0ddda8aa9c4045    Distance: 5433km
ID: fb0dd7a2aa9a4045    Distance: 5433km
ID: fd0ddda8aa9c4045    Distance: 5433km

As you can see, there are lots of hosts here all in the same location. I keep adding them but then keep seeing other yellow warning triangles showing Outside filter range host.

Ive given up adding them all now as I dont know how many there are and I could be here all day barking up the wrong tree!

Would love some clarification on the situation.

• Administrators

Great thanks for the IDs I'll put out a cloud this week hopefully. Yes I can translate them to IPs, IDs that are similar have very similar IPs also. 

Their true location could be the same or completely different

Archived