Ps4 low download on land cable

Hi, got this problem, when I connect to my ps4 via lan cable, my connection drops to around 3.5 download/1.8 upload.

When I connect it via wifi it's up to around 20+..

The setup is via bt homehub 5, put in to Dmz, disabled Dhcp on bt box...

Congestion set to 100%, and around 80% ps4 and only my ps4 using the network.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have a bt modem if that would be a better setup..

Right, had a play around tonight, tested everything, connections different setups etc... Still remained the same on wired connection.

So in the end I went for a full factory reset on both routers, re-test them up, tested the ps4 and in shot right up to 24 up, 5 down... Virtually the same for WiFi which is very good.

So then I decided to start to set the flood control up, I only really want this for my gaming mainly on ps4 but abit of pc also... So originally I set my Ps4 up to 80%. Re tested the ps4 and the connection dropped down to less than half a meg. So reversed the process and it shot back up.... Very strange.

So left it on 50/50 pc/ps4 and left it at that, running fine now.

• Administrators

In the next upgrade down/up prio will be split so you can prioritise independently so that should be resolved. Glad to hear you've got it resolved. I'll close the thread for now, do feel free to make another for any issues/questions you may have

Archived