Congestion Control Problem

I seen in the sticky post that the device im testing on would be throttled.. but I gave my PS4 75 percent bandwith and when I do a speed test on my ps4 my speeds go down alot. But when I reset it it'll go back to normal. Shouldn't the speeds be normal on my ps4 since that is the device with most bandwith? I understand that my computer should get slower speeds

I seen in the sticky post that the device im testing on would be throttled.. but I gave my PS4 75 percent bandwith and when I do a speed test on my ps4 my speeds go down alot. But when I reset it it'll go back to normal. Shouldn't the speeds be normal on my ps4 since that is the device with most bandwith? I understand that my computer should get slower speeds

You are throttling if you gave your PS4 75 percent of your bandwidth.And yes if you move your sliders ( CC ) back to 100 percent you'll get your full speed back.

And don't trust the results you get from your PS4,there inaccurate to say the least.Just run speediest with your sliders at 100 percent on your computer and see what results you get.

Just remember anytime you run a speediest of any kind always set your sliders back to 100 percent

The reason we throttle is to prevent local network congestion and make sure everything has headroom to move about freely.Start with 70 up and down on your sliders and tweak from there.

You are throttling if you gave your PS4 75 percent of your bandwidth.And yes if you move your sliders ( CC ) back to 100 percent you'll get your full speed back.

And don't trust the results you get from your PS4,there inaccurate to say the least.Just run speediest with your sliders at 100 percent on your computer and see what results you get.

Just remember anytime you run a speediest of any kind always set your sliders back to 100 percent

The reason we throttle is to prevent local network congestion and make sure everything has headroom to move about freely.Start with 70 up and down on your sliders and tweak from there.

I keep my sliders at 100 percent at all times due to PS4's connection cap... shouldnt the ps4 get the most internet if i give it 75 percent? i did a speed test on there and i know its not that accurate but it stays pretty constant. When i moved the congestion tree to 75 it dropped my internet on my ps4 very badly. But i moved it back to normal and it went back up. If i give it more bandwidth shouldnt I get better results on the ps4?

When you say congestion tree are you talking about the flower on your CC page ?

And if your running any kind of test for speeds make sure you reset distribution in device prioritisation before you run the test.

This is a known issue, I've discussed it with Fraser and Crossy.  Currently the device priority settings do not work, so do not use them unless you don't mind significantly cutting your bandwidth.  device%20prio%201.png?dl=0

This is a known issue, I've discussed it with Fraser and Crossy.  Currently the device priority settings do not work, so do not use them unless you don't mind significantly cutting your bandwidth.  device%20prio%201.png?dl=0

Will this be fixed in the future? 

When you say congestion tree are you talking about the flower on your CC page ?

And if your running any kind of test for speeds make sure you reset distribution in device prioritisation before you run the test.

And I leave my sliders at 100 percent each and yes I mean the flower on the CC page when i put it to 75 percent ish. I have a good 120/25 so it should be fine

Will this be fixed in the future? 

And I leave my sliders at 100 percent each and yes I mean the flower on the CC page when i put it to 75 percent ish. I have a good 120/25 so it should be fine

I believe this will be fixed in the coming update.

Archived