Netduma Wifi stopped working, now wont stop rebooting

Does the Wifi still not work?

The Wifi works as of right now, and the Netduma stopped rebooting on its own, I'm worried about the future, tho. What if it happens during one of my streams and I'm here with my thump stuck up my ass because I don't know how to fix it. The Netduma rebooted about 3 times on it's own before it stopped, but when it was done the Wifi started working again.

Is there anything that outputs a wireless signal nearby such as a wireless phone? We found very recently that for some reason this caused some reboots. If it does happen again let us know and Iain can take a look

I literally have 10 wireless phones connected to it through Wifi inside of a drawer of the desk it's on >,<

As an update for anyone else that might want to know, I had to relocate the duma to 6 feet away from my wireless devices. I literally have 13 wireless devices (10 of them in one spot) others everywhere else. If it was any closer it would reboot as soon as I connected the phones to it everytime.

Thanks for the update, seems like that is a genuine issue. Not sure why it occurs but fantastic we have found the cause!

Not a problem, I think your services on the software side is quite fascinating, not too reliable at the moment, but it's a work in progress and I can understand the fundamentals of it and it's very difficult, so I want to be there once it's perfect. On the hardware side, tho, I think it could be improved. I feel like once summer hits there's gonna be a problem if it's not in a cool environment, but I'm not sure. As for the wifi issue, that's definitely a hardware problem, at least as far as I can tell, but for $200 US dollars it really shouldn't be, but because of the potential Netduma has I'm willing to stick with it and see if things can be fixed alternatively. 

• Administrators

Iain is working on an upgrade to make it easier to use/fix common tech support questions. Summer could be a potential issue, I'm sure we will move to other hardware in future - just don't have plans at the moment for it. 

Sometimes things just interfere with other devices.Had a friend that had issues with his headset getting interference and we moved his router away from his console and the issue was resolved.Somethings just don't play nice together.

Glad your issue got sorted for you

Archived