Need help with no upload speed (update 1-10-16)

Hello all,

I just got my R1 over the weekend and need some help with the upload speed. Currently I'm getting 0 to 0.10 Mbps upload on the speed test wired and wirelessly. The speed I'm suppose to be getting from my isp is 15 down and 1 up (I know, it's going to be upgraded soon). With out the R1 I am getting 17.5 Mbps down and 1.5 Mbps up. So I've tried my modem/router in bridge mode and tried the R1 in dmz and had the same results. I did upgrade the firmware.

My settings are as follows:

UPnP is Enabled

LAN settings

DHCP is Enabled

DNS is Enabled

IPv6 is Disabled

MTU is Enabled

WAN settings

PPPoE is Disabled

WAN IP is Disabled

WAN MAC Address is Disabled

WAN VLAN is Disabled

IPv6 is Disabled

MTU is Enabled

Miscellaneous Settings

Deep pocket Processing is Disabled

upnp forwarding is Enabled

multicast snooping is Enabled

link-local IPv6 is Disabled

Wifi work-around is Enabled

Stealth mode is Disabled

Turbo mode is Enabled

Super Turbo is Disabled

Congestion Control

Anti-flood is Preemptive

Download and Upload Cap are at 100% for both

Device Prioritisation Share excess is Enabled

Any ideas where I went wrong?

If I left outany important setting that might be helpful let me know.

Thanks

• Netduma Staff

Hi Chubb, welcome to the forum :)

Can you check to make sure that you've entered the correct speeds into the congestion control page.

Also can you go to Device Prioritisation and press reset distribution then update and see if that fixes the speed issue.

Hi, Crossy and Fraser

I did all of those suggestions and they didn't work. I even tried going a few above and below on the speeds and they didn't work.

I seem to be able to game ok but when I tried to watch youtube on my xbox it was very slow, buffering and not in hd. This also happened when I tried to stream media from computer to the xbox. I also did a reset on the modem thinking I might have changed something somewhere and didn't put back to the suggested settings.

Hi, Crossy and Fraser

I did all of those suggestions and they didn't work. I even tried going a few above and below on the speeds and they didn't work.

I seem to be able to game ok but when I tried to watch youtube on my xbox it was very slow, buffering and not in hd. This also happened when I tried to stream media from computer to the xbox. I also did a reset on the modem thinking I might have changed something somewhere and didn't put back to the suggested settings.

That is exactly what my connections are like with PS4 and home network.  I get better speed test results on reactive than preemptive.  Even with all the various suggestions, I cannot get a steady reliable connection.  My wifi is slower than normal as well. It seems as though the connections are not consistent and it stops and stutters.  This is on any device whether it is wired or not wired.  Webpages take a while to fully load, videos constantly stop and stutter.

I problem is very evident when gaming on BO3.  I am constantly skipping as I move throughout the game.  My teammates even notice it.   

Yes, I have done all the above.  I have also reset my modem and routers several times.  I have also performed various factory resets.

Settings > miscellaneous: 

·         Disable Deep packet processing.

·         Disable link local IPv6.

·         Ensure turbo/super turbo is un ticked.

Settings > WAN:

·         Disable IPv6.

Settings > LAN:

·         Disable IPv6.

Congestion Control:

·         Set bandwidth - Put your correct speeds in & apply.

·         Choose Reactive algorithm

·         Wiggle the anti-flood sliders down and then put them both to 100%.

·         Reset device distribution & apply distribution.

Once you have done all of that ensure you do a wired speed test from your PC. 

Okay strange, can you do a reboot from settings > miscellaneous please

So, I've rebooted the R1 and my modem/router, even did a factory reset on both and started over fresh with no luck. I plan on getting a new upgraded modem soon and I will just wait and see if works then. For now it's going back in the box.

Ok after buying a new modem, upgrading my internet from 15 down and 1 up to 50 down to 5 up, and doing a factory reset to the R1 I still have the same problem. How do I get a one on one session or some other help?

cab38ffcf9c841f72d2a5fdb8a417aea.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ok so I still have no upload speed with the netduma R1 even after a one on one with Fraser. He couldn't figure it out and we are still trying to work it out. So I'm curious if any one else has any suggestions. Thanks all.

I have the same exact problem i had a 1 on 1 three times still the same problem I just got so frustrated with mines I just unhooked it my regular router plays better then this netduma router what can we do now I guess nothing but take a $200 lost I've been having the same problem for over a month now

• Administrators

Ok so I still have no upload speed with the netduma R1 even after a one on one with Fraser. He couldn't figure it out and we are still trying to work it out. So I'm curious if any one else has any suggestions. Thanks all.

I responded to your PM today. 

I have the same exact problem i had a 1 on 1 three times still the same problem I just got so frustrated with mines I just unhooked it my regular router plays better then this netduma router what can we do now I guess nothing but take a $200 lost I've been having the same problem for over a month now

Responded to your PM again for a 1 on 1.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I want to return the router. Fraser can you pm or email me please.

First upgrade to the latest version which is 1.03.6 http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11018-major-netduma-upgrade-now-available-v-1036/and see if it still occurs. As they will say that in email. If that doesn't fix it please email [email protected] regarding a return saying you've had a 1 on 1 and cannot seem to resolve it.

First upgrade to the latest version which is 1.03.6 http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11018-major-netduma-upgrade-now-available-v-1036/and see if it still occurs. As they will say that in email. If that doesn't fix it please email [email protected] regarding a return saying you've had a 1 on 1 and cannot seem to resolve it.

Ok I tried the update and it's still not working. I sent an email to return the router.

Archived