Still lagging players in Destiny

BlueMountain65

I mostly play Destiny, and even while using my netduma (geo filtering on, ping assist 0,00ms) I still see a lot of players with poor connections lagging all over the place. Seems that netduma doesn't help as along as those laggy players are part of a fireteam where the ft host has a good connection ... Any advice? Am I doing something wrong? Thx!

no mate not sure what you can do there,i sometimes turn the filter off search for a game then enable the geo filter and try it,keeping a eye on the pings,but its so hit and miss,even im still trying to work it out,leave the geo filter on and after a hour or so you get kicked?Turn it off your ok again,but yes i still get red bar laggy loobies,still think that Destiny lack of servers,or Activision. is the issue here.

• Administrators

Have you got strict mode off? We can't prevent those particular laggy players, if they are close by you should have a low ping to them but if they are downloading excessively or have a bad connection we can't stop them. You can try to block them and prevent them connecting to you in future by clicking on the circles and pinging them individually. In a next upgrade you can block the specific high ping players from the peer ping graph.

Are you yourself lagging or is it just them?

I'm not lagging (200mb down, 20up), it is (mostly) the others ... Sometimes connection from others are sooooo bad, that they bring me/my team to red bar too.

some of those are intentional. bungie has mentioned they're being prioritizing "cheat player" "bad connection" reports from the trials and crucible.

the best we can do is cross your fingers :(

Have you got strict mode off? We can't prevent those particular laggy players, if they are close by you should have a low ping to them but if they are downloading excessively or have a bad connection we can't stop them. You can try to block them and prevent them connecting to you in future by clicking on the circles and pinging them individually. In a next upgrade you can block the specific high ping players from the peer ping graph.

Are you yourself lagging or is it just them?

Thank goodness that option to block them from the graph will be on the next upgrade. That was a bitch to click on a every circle and run a ping to see whois actually the bad connection.

Archived